Classic car petition

I have a feeling that they haven't really thought this idea through...
Think about the amount of scrap it'd make.... and you can't recycle a whole car.
This ruling would be great for motor manufacturers but really bad for the general public as a lot of people drive cars over 10 years old on a daily basis, lets face it 10 years is nothing to most modern cars.
No one would want to buy a 9 year old car it'd be worth peanuts, i could see this as making the ownership of a car elitist... pricing lots of people off the road.
Realistically i don't believe the Gov have even thought about classic cars in this, they're thinking more semi modern motors in a bad state of repair... but that is why we have an MOT... They'd lose too much money in road tax and insurance tax and petrol tax if they whent through with this.
The EU are idiots and the UK gov are doubly so for even contemplating this sort of ruling.
Just another reason i'm glad to be leaving this country

Signed up - although my son reckons that these petitions to the government are just a ploy to flush out the subversives in the population. As I have signed up to several of these so far I am expecting the knock on the door at 3.00 am in the near future.

Viva le revolution.

Chris

Dont understand UK politicians as THE country to have the best Classic cars legislation to preserve their own partimonium ( UK contribution to keep this type of value living emotionally AND financially;ie: look at official registrations of clasic cars in UK ).
I defininetly do not benchmark with Belgium (ie: we have now for months NO goverment and is probably the good news for us)
I simply used UK as a great country example for classic freaks and allowing them to benefit from it.
I cannot vote since a belgum citizen but am fully with you.

"If you dream it, you can do it, but them you have to do it"

my cent of contribbution

Fred

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
I signed as well...at least they give us expatriates a chance to defend against this kind of stupidity..

Back