...rfactor today (mod video collage, impressive..)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm impressed by the video...

I went to visit the site:
rFactor Central - Community Driven Race Sim Resource for rFactor by ISI // Car mods, Track mods, Car Setups, Screenshots

There is no FAQ that I could find and they take a lot for granted -

I presume this is simulator software that you would need to buy.
Does it run on a Macintosh?
What about simulator equipment such as various steering wheels / pedals - which does it support.
It would appear that it is played against other players both virtual and real across either a local are network or the internet - correct?

Most of all - what are the costs involved?

I can see using something like this to help keep myself sharp in the off-season as well as to potentially assist my visualization of a track that I've either not driven before or have not driven in a long time..

Please tell us more!

rfactor is a race "sim" done some years ago by isi team.

rFactor | The Future of Race Simulation

the game is quite cheap (about 30 dollars online buy if I am not wrong),cause the developers didnt make the original game with real cars (and royalties), but they want to provide mostly a base for all the add ons mods done during those years (all completeley free..is incredible the work done all around the world with so much passion by enthusiast fans,without earning 1 euro.).
Rfactor central comunity : rFactor Central - Community Driven Race Sim Resource for rFactor by ISI // Car mods, Track mods, Car Setups, Screenshots made and is preparing a lot of nice add ons for it, u shall test theme everytime,cause being all free stuff u will found nice and quite simulative ones and also very easy or nut mods (try have a look at stinker mod..u race with giant 4 wheel WC :)).
Nowadays the mod offer is very large,and u can enjoy open wheel series or touring cars, also from the past (downloading now the new mod for BMW E21 v.2.0),and everytime u will found people online gaming somewhere,also cause it is very easy to get involved in a local league (I was in aussie v8s, and was a cool opportunity to learn wonderful tracks as mount panorama,stricktly in my Ford Falcon...).
Also time by time they add new tracks...they only cant give any secure release date for mods cause is all done in other people free time.

Any modern pc runs well with rfactor,a decent video card allows u to play at least at a lower resolution but with a good frame rate
If u have a modern video card (new geforces) the game comes incredibly nice and full of special effects,but always lower if compared to the graphic details of Forza in X-box, thats dedicated hardware and always runs faster.
IMHO the real difference between Forza or rfactor is that nearly every week u can have something new to test (and to race online).Again, depending from the difficult u like, u can choose really a lot of different locations and ages..(and dont do as I do, always in Nurburg..)
Very often I use to host a night server for Nordschleife without any driving aids (neither clouch)and full damage options...and also if sometimes is frustrating,its easy to find guys (mostly british or germans)racing incredibly good there...with the cool sensation to destroy all at the last turn...:D

Attachments

• 11-Mar-07-rCentral-1181_wc3.jpg
    11-Mar-07-rCentral-1181_wc3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 175
Who has the most realistic road race games ? Is x-box Forza good

very nice question.
After my experience in le mans inside the 40 (always thank u Ian and roy..) think all those remains just games,cause IMHO the distance between those wonderful programs and the real think is still too much.
They only can help u in learning the tracks and enjoy.Probably the "physical" part of the driving is and always will be the main missing point, obviously, for all this.
Love to read the opinion of "race sim experts" inside forums,I never say anything,but I've tested the difference over my skin.
Sounds..fuel smell, tyres sound,..emotions.

SI, race inside a real gt40 is better:D:D:D..

For me,the milestone of all racing games still remains Grand Prix legends by Papyrus....for fanatics only

Back