My current project - before starting GT 40

Some race inspired, home built suspension shots for those who might be interested. It's a '78 ford hardtop, Australian built which I've changed to left hand drive. Looking forward to finishing it and taking it to the states, hopefully will get it to SEMA at some stage.
Adam.:pepper:

Attachments

• suspension 2.jpg
    suspension 2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 484
  • suspension 6.jpg
    suspension 6.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 480
  • suspension 8.jpg
    suspension 8.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 465

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very nice!!!!

The body looks very much like my friend's 71 Torino..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
So looking at it again, I presume that you're working up a nice centrally located cantilevered Coil-Over shock system on it... Way cool!!!

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hey Alabrese

Is that an XA-XB or XC Falcon Hardtop shell?

Also which GT40 is that in the background? Looks to be a DRB at a guess..:D

Bill

Looks like an XB to me, but I have to admit I usually looked at the front to tell the difference.

Been ages since I saw one at all, there used to be an XC Cobra live nearby but I believe it moved away :(

I'm sure somebody's got a photo of one somewhere.

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Adam -
Nice workmanship. Thanks for the pictures. It looks like you tubbed the rear end. If so, would you mind a few pictures? I'm thinking about a small tub for the rear of the '70 Mach I and a four link.

Thanks,
Steve

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. It is a '78 Falcon GS Hardtop, it runs counterlevered airbags and air cylinders in the rear on a two to one ratio. It is a fully fabricated chasis and floor, I have hand fabricated everything in my garage at home. This is the first car in Australia to have front cover and full feature in Street Machine Magazine in unfinished condition. We are pretty proud of how it's turning out so far as I am self taught. Motor - 393 stroker Cleavland with a 6 speed tremic. 9 inch and 15 inch alcon brakes will hopefully slow it up.

The project lilned up is a DRB GT 40, this is my wife's car.

Adam

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 4.jpg