Valentino Rossi paga al fisco 35 milioni di euro

..and all his fiscal mess will be solved as soon as possible (we use to say here.. all goes "tarallucci e vino")
The Doctor finally accepted to pay "only" 35 milion euros to italian taxation authority, accepting the "discuont" they made him (claimed to pay 120 milions euros..)

He also will be back living in Italy where all his friends live, leaving finally London.

This way he also hope to concentrate better in the upcoming 2008 season staring soon.

When they found u frauding fisc in US, it is also there possible to have discounts?;)boomsmile

The Official MotoGP Website

Now there's a guy that was born to ride a bike...... i loved watching him battle it out with the likes of pedrosa.

Seems like a really good bloke too.

If he's now moving back to Italy ....... he must have known he was doing something wrong when he ran off to England. While I'm not a huge Rossi fan, there is no denying he is the best on a bike with or without Casey. Put him on a Ducati watch him make it a very boring season.

I like Casey, but the kid has a long way to go to compare to Rossi's accomplishments......Like stiffing the Italian IRS a few million ;-P

Exactly Mesa, thats the point.
Valentino probably simply bought an house in London (we all wellknow Uk is THE place, think no offense to anybody,but London is europe's capital...surely.Consider his birthplace is a very small village near Appennini mountains, and quite near to adriatic sea,Rimini and Riccione area...) and probably someone suggest him to place there his residence, surely after some accurated study of fiscals in UK.
Of all the places where u can live (IF u like cities..I add..as u all wellknow MY opinion..) and with Valentino's wallet, London is the coolest.

Waiting to see what will happen this year in the season.
Casey is a too great talent,surely he is the future,but as Mick Doohan said..valentino is valentino. ;)

My heart will be forever with the Doctor!:)

In the US it's not uncommon to negotiate a settlement with the taxing authority (usually, the Internal Revenue Service). However, that's generally only in the situation where a) the tax payers position was taken in good faith, and b) the tax code rules reasonably allowed for some misinterpretation or misapplication. Where a) and b) aren't present then the IRS is just as likely to throw the tax payer in jail!!

eheh Cliff,
wasnt this the reason that allow police to place in jail Al Capone?
Seriusly think the jail (REAL jail..) solution is the only way to oblige people in paying what they should ,creating also a more equal level of general taxation (all pay..so we all pay less).
Here very few pay, and who does this pays also for whon doesnt pay a penny!

Ugly sensation u have when u pay taxes is that u are the "donkey" of the group, and others are more skilled than u cause they found the way not to pay.

Think also this is a reason of things going this way down here.

Consider for Valentino...the main problem (and he admit it today) is to be accepted again by people, much more than beat Casey Stoner in races.
We dont have the system working for it...but people sense is working much more than our poor law.

For false balancing documents and frauds (real frauds as Paramalat, Cirio and many many others) u will NEVER be placed in jail here.
Enron scandal,with its suicides show how it works in US...at least u have the small satisfaction to see smashed on the wall the brain of whom stole part of your life.
This way in italy we can have all Milano walls painted red/grey.

Right now I am paying 4900 euros online for previdence I will never get back in this life (I pay the "pensione" the 2 generations before me stole to italian Govern...).
This was my amount to the trip to Australia and NZ I would love to do.

Grazie Italia...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
You can also negotiate with the ATO (Australian Tax Office) I know that to my chagrin.:mad:
It is a bit like negotiating with a mad woman with PMT but it is possible.
The secret seems to be to hang out until they get you right to the Court room door. That is where the bluff stops and the serious negotiating starts.
The main problem with our tax mob is they deem you guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. Not the other way round.

As for "The Doctor" I agree with Trojan 007.

Back