M25 Speed Cameras

As from the 15th February 2008 all the speed cameras in the Variable Speed Limit section of the M25 near Heathrow Airport (J10-15) wille go digital and the activation limit will be lowered.
They are currently the older, film type cameras and are set at 90mph when the Variable Limit Signs are not in operation.
The new digital cameras are going to be set at the normal speed limit+10%+2mph when the signs are not in use i.e. national speed limit. (80mph and you're taking a risk, basically).
I can't confirm the activation limit when the signs are set (variable limits showing), but believe it would be the same 10%+2mph of the speed shown by the sign at that time.
Don't worry lads, lots more lovely money for the Chancellor to squander away!
This is from a reliable source: pass the word on.
Tony

I had my Shelby GT350 clone in the UK for two years, and was able to keep my US plates on it the whole time. I wondered what all those flashes were every time I drove anywhere...:>)

Hi Tony
I use those junctions to get to the Barly Mow committee meeting. There was an article in my paper. It was from Junction 10 to Junction 16 on the M25. The previous cameras had a flash point of 90mph. The new digital ones are activated at 79mph.
Be careful!!!!!
Regards Allan

I don't know what the worry is really... there's so many road works on the M25 there's little chance of getting to the speed limit let alone breaking it.:rolleyes:

You got to give the UK Gov's credit they've managed to find just about everyway possible to shaft the public.... that sort of research takes some work!!:p:

Back