Group arrested for selling "fake" Ferraris in Italy

PistonHeads Headlines

Other than the obvious smile, is there a longer term implication in selling "fake"/"replica" cars in Italy. Would the same rules apply to the gorgeous Hawk Stratos replica or the newer 037 replicas? How long until Cobras or GT40s are the targets (or does it have to be an Italian registered mark). Any thought Paulo?

These were being sold as non-original Toyota based cars and still people are being arrested, are the Maranello Mafiosa flexing their muscles?

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
MR2%20copy-t.jpg

Incredibly, it was once a Toyota...

Now that caption I definitely don't get. Looks like an MR2 with a bad Photoshop job to me. :confused:

Keith

There must be 2 scams going on in Italy! A Mafia group operating out of Palermo has just been cleaned up repairing stolen, crashed, written off Ferraris and selling them as "replicas" for around £40,000 each. Apparently the buyers knew they were "replicas" and had no issues with that. The repaired vehicles were indistinguishable from new or very good used cars..

ehehe, I am learning a LOT about all this.

It is anyway a demostration of the low knowledge level mass media wants people to know about this (our) little world, (at least here) and suspect in the main part of europe, excluding Uk,where everything was born.
My phylosofical conclusion is anyway in the different idea of cars between our mind and anglo american one,MUCH more firendly to people than continental european one.
Can it be probably the fact in US mind..the car is really a tool for fun and freedom,here not at all.
It is clear in your markets now u can buy really what u want, from Fiero-LOL vehicles to expensive p4 replicas done much more better than originals for a bargain price of 10 milion dollars..... ;)
Say what u want, but basically both are just....a copy.:eek:
Here simply u CANT, end of all the discussion (and since some years I feel this as a BIG limitation in personal freedom).
U can do that, but u have to be really far away from the country.
Still remeber what happened here with a very pretty and cheap P4replica arrived in Bolzano...
More, Ferrari is always so aggressive versus all the replicas around,cause they want the typical Ferrari customer HAVE TO BE rich and exclusive.
This can be ok when u want a relly high level product,even more in italy where all is crappy now,so I can be agree to this,but is also a deny of other people dreams.
The beauty of Ferrari is as art,being the nicest cars of the world.
Think is natural people wants too copy it,works the same as for my modelkits.

I read with a too great interest all the adventure about the building of the GT90,and I am happy for him,cause if u try do that here, they will lovely destroy the FINISHED car in front of u and your family, simply cause u cant, surely with near some fucking aggressive lawer ready also to give u a BIG penalty,maybe all filmed by tv..

Personally, and from the day by day knowledge I am achieving here, I still think the cars I LOVE (gt40 and Cobras) are still very far away from those matters, also cause there, in US, Ford basically loves your works,and still consider the Gt40 as a flag of the answer a BIG company can give to an italian :)mad:italians all mafiosi u know :D) race car costructor,also if only for very few years,so just see it around is a pleasure for heart.
I often read about cars parked in car dealers showroom to make showcase, and everybody is happy, the dealer showing what it is..(so a replica) and customers that simply fall in love with the terrific shape of the GT40,and maybe buy the Ford Pinto,in rates...
Ford basically helps u,and appreciate the love carnut as we have place in a shape they used just for some races too many years ago,in another world.
They also leave this little world to our foolish,cause they know it is nut to think at managers,CEO,doctors, pilots or simply ordinary people..getting crazy in a garage trying to set that IDA48.:D
You do this if u love it,otherwise,buy a Porsche (or if u can pay..a Ferrari,nicer:D and worldwide a status symbol..)or one of the 10000 modern perfect cars and the story is closed.

Ist't maybe lovely place in a Fiat coffin dealer a stunning Noble p4 replica?..or an Hawk HF inside a Lancia store?..in a moment when Lancia is completely gone?(dunno neither the names of the models they sell eh..)
What is the price for this?..50.000 euros?or maybe nothing cause owner will be only happy to park the car inside a nice car store.

So this is the reason u can hear and read so many BS about replica world.
Now I know replicas can be better than original (unless u need also original Jackie Ickx fart over the seat,or Sir John Surtees signature over the car),too many around dunno,and in Italy much more than outside.

I heard this news about ferrari fakes in TV some days ago, didnt wanted to bore u all again with something for us so obvious.Not always what is obviuos there, is abvious also here.
Pistonheads article is an ugly photoshop work mixing a Toyota mr2 and a 512tr pictured 45.angle

More than ever, knowledge is power,and internet is a terrifc way to learn,even more when the infos come from so serious sources (incredible the wikipedia page about the gt40...isnt it?;))

Last edited:
Ron,
That looks like a PHOTO of an MR2 with a bad photoshop job.
Gag, lame, lame, lame..

Last edited:
Back