Car acceleration software free here.

Some of you may already know about Cartest 4.5 but if not its a dos style program made in 1997 that simulates a number of automotive tests according to certain parameters that you can alter(tire size, hp, tq, ride height transmission ratios, etc..) or even add new cars too. Its very simple to use and, I've had it for a few years so if anyone has any questions on how to do something just post any questions on the thread for other to read as well. The free Cartest 4.5 download link is at the bottom of this page, and is not the cartest2000 version. I run on Windows XP. Here you go, I definitely recommend to at least try it out:

http://www.cartestsoftware.com/cartest4.5/index.html

remember cartest 4.5 download link is at the bottom of the page.

Thats brilliant, although i am easily pleased. Busy looking up all the data to add a GT40 and then tweak them for my car

Thats brilliant, although i am easily pleased. Busy looking up all the data to add a GT40 and then tweak them for my car

I know what you mean, its addictive. Everytime I find a new car review I add it to the list. From what I have found out everything is accurate up to a couple tenths of a sec, as far as the acceleration part. Pretty neat.

One more thing, never tweak the settings on a car that is already there, because if you save then you loose the original data. If you want to tweak the settings of a car, just select the copy car option and give it a new name then tweak all you want!

To add new cars all you have to do is look online at the specs of a car you wish to add. Once you have the vehicles specs like weight, wheelbase, hp, tq figures, gear ratios, coefficient of drag(.32 is pretty average if you cant find the actual wind resistance figure) and quite a few other specifications. Go to the "Add car" option and just type in all the specs you have. After you have added all the specs, press the F1 key to save then the F3 key to test. Press the F3 key and click down a few to "optimize launch rpm" let the computer figure the best starting rpm, once that finishes(8 sec or so) then press "esc" back out to where you can alter the specs and you'll notice that the launch rpm has changed to optimize the best acceleration time. You then press F3 again and run the acceleration test or track test or any other test you want.

Back