24h du Le Mans

David & Jim,
There are a couple of hundred thousand other people going. They are going to surprise you when you get there. If they told you now it wouldn't be surprise now would it? :thumbsup::laugh:

Have a great time.

Howard

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Howard,

So that explains what all the noise was last year.

I believe that, in terms of attendance numbers, Le Mans is the UK's biggest motorsport event. Just happens to take place in France.

Great trip and highly recommended.

See you there Dave.

Jim

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Just to remind you that Radio Le Mans is on your PC using the following link:
radiolemans.com
It's a beautiful evening here with a superb sunset , 17c and a light Northerly wind.
Its also 2135 hrs and the session is currently red flagged but expect a load of fireworks between the Peugeot 908 and the team I work with, Audi and their R10 in the much advertised battle of the diesels in another hour and 10 minutes. It's probably going the be the optimum time for a good lap as the track may well be green
and need rubbering in again tomorrow evening and it's generally going to be a colder evening tomorrowas well. What fun.....

Malcolm

Supporter
Good question Pete, anyone know which TV channels are showing the event? Never enough coverage of this race in my view.

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Dave,

We are on the Houx campsite as last year - row 26, pitches 376/377.

Should be there around lunchtime Friday. Hope you'll get a moment to contribute to our beer mountain. :chug:

Will give you a call once we're set up.

Without tipping off the opposition, what's your weather outlook for the weekend?

Cheers,

Jim

Hello every one, first post, but I know the answer to this one!

Its on Eurosport and Eurosport 2, the full 24 hours is split between the 2 channels. Channel 410 and 411 on Sky for those that get it. Coverage starts at 1.30pm BST on Eurosport.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Jim - in a word - from tonight cold and becoming more so through to Sunday.
We are running the heater system in the radar trailer. Too cold for me.
Its 2300 hrs and I'm delegating the rest of this session to one of the Juniors and I'm going back to the hotel.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jim - in a word - from tonight cold and becoming more so through to Sunday.
We are running the heater system in the radar trailer. Too cold for me.
Its 2300 hrs and I'm delegating the rest of this session to one of the Juniors and I'm going back to the hotel.

Aah, Grasshopper one who learns the fine art of delegation can be warm and drink Barolo...:thumbsup:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Pete,
I trust you will attend next year? And yes - a pleasant .750 of Bordeaux last night. What is more, it's a beautiful warm morning this morning - and it's the day off.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
So this is when you earn your fee?

Watching it on eurosport at present and some talk of trying intermediates.

Seems the Pug threat has disappeared and the Audi pit crew very efficient

Ian

Great race: Audi's win due to 4 pit stops less (if my count is right) then Peugeot. So Audi diesel technology better then Peugeot?! Again experience is all important to win Le Mans.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
What a party at the Audi arena last night. The Peugeot team all arrived as well and were welcomed with thunderous applause. Some pics shortly.

The Audi R 10 is to be retired after this season to be replaced with the ................(you guess !)
An announcement about the 2009 season will be made at the Essen motorshow this October (ish) about what will replace the LMP1 diesel R 10
but I 've been asked to go to Le Mans as normal next year which should be the 'ultimate' special year for Audi as it will be 10 years in first place
at the 24hr (The Bentley used the R8 TDI). 10 years is quite a feat by any stretch of the imagination.
Right, now it's back to normality. It's the F1 in Magny Curse next weekend followed by the Norisring in Nuremberg. The latter should be great and I'm looking forward to the Norisring and a few quality beers with Marcus. Anybody else going to the Norisring?

Back