YouTube Guitar90 video.. AWESOME!!

What ? that they've committed to be the best they can be at something makes them sad somehow? And who's to say they don't 'get out'...

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Its one thing to listen to and be influenced by and replicate your predecessors,
its another PLANET involved here, to be devastatingly original and truly innovative .
They will always look ordinary compared to Jimi .

If you've ever had the chance to read ( or in some instances, ask ) the opinions of Page, Clapton , John Le , and of more recent vintage, John Squire etc, they will tell you the same.

Ok, the guy can play , but so can thousands. Aren't they just studying and copying technique ? Soon pc's will outplay them. Queue at Walmart please.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Simon

I am one of those guys and I get out plenty.

When I am out I build GT40's.

Thanks

Andy

How about this special painted one.
I've only yet 3 painted.
No video, just cool pics.

Attachments

• front.jpg.jpg
    front.jpg.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 219
  • detail.jpg.jpg
    detail.jpg.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 216
Yeah i'm currently learning Cannon.. and well, i'm not bad on the guitar but it's a tad difficult!!
But i'll get there.... any excuse to pick up my PRS ;)

I won't disagree with the like of Jimi, Clapton, etc. being still the icons to
compare to - as well as Eddie. But, it takes some skill to master what these
kids are doing. And, that skill at such a young age, can really lead to
greatness. Not true in all cases, but ...

I myself haven't really picked up my guitar in ages, so I am a little in awe
with these guys, but also know what I would be like if I had that kind of
free time. I also hope to actually build a few guitars of my own some day.

Ian

To Paolo,

it's difficult to put a price-tag on it.
It varies from 500,- up to 1000 euro's. It's different than airbrush on canvas or helmets even. Musicians have high standards, and working with guitars is a whole different (and difficult) kind of job. Preparing (like sanding) is crucial, even as the prayed layers. Then clearcoat, sanding, clearcoat, sanding etc. And important... polishing. I have a working realationship with LondonCity guitars and a Ibanez guitar builder/technisian (worked with Vai). They give me tips.
It's hard work... but so beautyfull when it's done.

Back