GTD Sports sold

Well it was in my garage for a while, having the Engine Management/loom installed and setup. :thumbsup:

It is a semi-monocoupe that Ray Christopher (Mr GTD himself) designed and built. Ally centre section, spaceframed front and rear.

Runs a 2.0L 16v Turbo motor from a Ford Sierra Cosworth, together with the Sierra's 4x4 MT75 transmission and diffs front and rear. (4WD).

Once I'd wired the motor I drove it all of 10 metres and it started on the button. (good old Weber Marelli ECU...)

It was built moderately light and the body is basically off of a 'JADE' and has been widened to accomodate the wider tub chassis.

That Cossie motor is pretty high though (front NS driveshaft runs through the sump), so visability will be interesting.

I'm not sure what series it could compete in, might be good for Sprints/Hillclimbs subject to ground clearance and once fully sorted, would probably make a fun trackday car.. - Something different anyway.

With the engine mounted so far forward and so high, it doesn't look as though it would be very good at going round corners (high polar moment of inertia and C of G and all that). But with the FWD giving good traction and the power of the cossie engine it might be good in straight line sprints.

Hi Chris -

When I said 'high', perhaps what I should have said is 'with the motor being so deep'.

I see what you are thinking, but to be fair the motor could not really be mounted any lower I would think. The driveshafts are already angled up in 15" wheels and it's just quite a deep motor athough it's been used to great effect before in things like the Dax Rush.

Rush Kitcar

When I removed my motor and trans from my 4x4 Sapphire Cosworth, I did it from below and the front of the car had to be jacked to an incredibly high level to enable it to be pulled out. (not an easy job when done in your drive:stunned:)

Lucas - any specific interest in this car or just general as it was listed as 'GTD'.??

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 265
Back