New Cobra Replica makes it debut

seen at McLeans Bridge mothers day car show
this is one very nice machine
as I understand it's based on a donor BA-BF Ford Falcon (yes including the GTP)
des

Attachments

• P1130547.JPG
    P1130547.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 592
  • P1130548.JPG
    P1130548.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 326
  • P1130552.JPG
    P1130552.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 396
  • P1130589.JPG
    P1130589.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 422

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I was wondering if & when someone was going to do that. They need to fix the headlights and then it'll be perfect. Great kit though!!!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I'm not sure it's a kit--there was talk about Ford "reproducing" the Cobra as a tribute to Shelby while he is still alive. This looks very much like the Ford concept vehicle I saw in one of the Kit Car magazines.

I like the 64/65 versions better!!

Doug

Doug
definitely a kit, probably the most straight forward one I have seen.
take 1 kit, 1 BF falcon (usually a wreck and preferably not your wife's drive car) merge them together, a paint job, recycle of the balance and basically it's done
yes it is based on the concept car
as far as which shape is better, let's agree to disagree

Fran is correct Denis from copycatcars.com is the busy little beaver that created it.
Des

Yes that GT40 was both built and owned by Dennis.

It was Dennis's original factory demonstrator and has always been painted in Gulf colours.

Thanks for that quick response Craig. I'm guessing it would be a pretty well sorted and reliable car then, although it may have some of the older techonology given it was probably built around 1996-98.
Pity I'm still not quite in the market yet. Hope the RCR car venture fairs well for you, I'd love to have one of your kits!

cheers
Stuart

Last edited:
Stuart, thanks for your well wishes. RCR in Aus is rapidly gaining momentum, so things are looking very well indeed.

That GT40 has been upgraded & retro fitted with a lot of the good stuff and is a fully featured car. Be a good option for someone looking for a well built, well sorted 2nd hand GT40.

I'll be down at Wakefield Park Raceway & Sydney during October with quite a few RCR vehicles. Closer to the date, I'll post the full details as it would be great to catch up with a few of the Sydney guys like yourself.

Stuart, thanks for your well wishes. RCR in Aus is rapidly gaining momentum, so things are looking very well indeed.

That GT40 has been upgraded & retro fitted with a lot of the good stuff and is a fully featured car. Be a good option for someone looking for a well built, well sorted 2nd hand GT40.

I'll be down at Wakefield Park Raceway & Sydney during October with quite a few RCR vehicles. Closer to the date, I'll post the full details as it would be great to catch up with a few of the Sydney guys like yourself.

Craig

I'd be very keen to have a look at the RCR vehicles, so bring on October I say. Have you got anyone in NSW that has taken receipt of a RCR40 yet and that is willing to take on the RTA to have an RCR40 registered?

If I was in a position at present I'd take a serious look at that Gulf DRB, still trying to recover from my house renovation expenses.

Craig, Look forward to more Aus RCR stuff starting to appear.

Sorry for misdirecting the thread.

cheers
Stu

Have you got anyone in NSW that has taken receipt of a RCR40 yet and that is willing to take on the RTA to have an RCR40 registered?

No one in NSW yet for an RCR40, just QLD & VIC so far. Although I do have a couple of Roadsters heading to NSW. Now that the first RCR40 has arrived we might see a NSW RCR40 very soon considering I look to have more RCR40's available for delivery as early as July. I have a very good contact in NSW that is experienced with kit car approval & the RTA and we will have demo vehicles available to present early to try to work through any issues etc before any customer cars are presented. In my experience you need to pick the right people, get the right advice and use the right approach. Easier said than done, but I always love a challenge. We will use the same approach for VIC.

Now back to the Cobra. That aluminium chassis looks fantastic when you open the hood. :)

craig
yes it does look great, I am not a lover of topless cars but this one could convert me.
sorry I should have put the link in for Denis' web site for those that don't know him.
"D'ARBY ROADSTAR" - COPYCATCARS
rafael
I agree, am not overly rapt in the original shape myself, but each to his/her own, a lot of people love it.
Des

Back