someone with some free time

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Holy C##P!!!! far to much time on there hands.... results arnt perfect but very nice.... still got the engine in the wrong place though........

Thanks Chad.....

Andy

Amazing what they can do - bet Ferrari would not be too impressed with it having prancing horse badges...

Engine is still in rear on NSX as per F50, although its a transverse V6 as standard - oh and a few cylinders & horses short of the Fezzer...

I wonder how the NSX handles now? - they were renowned for performing very well on both road and track.

I am just not sure about this type of thing, and to be honest, I am not sure why (as I sit here waiting for my fake GT40).

I am amazed at what the human eye can discriminate. Maybe I have seen more F50's than others, but that thing looks wrong instantly. The vents and curves are all in the right places, but the proportions are all wrong. I think that is where the difference is (between this and say a GT40 replica). A replica should start with the wheelbase, track width, wheel size, dimensions... etc. Or it is just never going to work. Are their people who cannot see the difference in the greenhouse on an F50 vs an NSX?

This post is a bit of introspection, as I am quite proud of our cobra replica, and I look forward to building a GT40 replica. Cars like this make me understand why many think replicas of any type are an abomination. It's hard to know where to draw the line.

But I know I want to draw it in front of this thing.

Again - you cannot knock the effort, these guys are obviously very skilled craftsmen. But why not design their own body? It could have made for a better looking car (but then again the F50 was not my favorite F body to start with)

While these Japanese craftsmen are obviously highly skilled, I'm with J Salmon - the proportions are off so the car looks like something other than an F50. And, as Mesa says, the F50 was no beauty queen to start with, so, something that is a not-so-flattering copy as this is much worse.

Looks like it was a perfectly good NSX to start - a fine car with wonderful handling and performance and reliability. Why mess up such a nice car??

Back