Flav's wedding:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Flavio Briatore is marrying a young lady (well - relative to his age anyway) next week in Rome. Why am I making this post - well, he's asked Racemet to provide the weather forecast for the big day. It's actually spanning several days and our resident meteorologist Victoria Sinclair is providing the information. She is also going to the Grand Prix in Silverstone courtesy of Flav.

U probably will enjoy more...I say MUCH more to be at today "coppa intereuropa" in Monza David:)
Weather was the main actor.
It started with a too hot sun and become a monsonic rain exactly during historical formula 1 race (won by the P34 six wheeler..)
I was there and saw the nicest historical race of my life (the followin "sportscar cup" till 1957, 1 hour,full wet race).
Incredible what pilots were able to do with such cars (neither disk brakes for theme...excluding the Lotus prototype racing, the first car using theme before chapman try those on formula 1),and a too great show provided by all british pilots driving as at home... (they have a too great skill with wet tracks).

Yes, I think u definitely would prefer to see originals Jag C and D types racing THAT way than see Flavio and miss Gregoraci in Rome.. ;).

Unfortunately for me...also this year no gt40s there :(, neither the Swiss Safir I loved so much last year in Misano (but owner still thinks I talked bad about her and team....)

After race,returning by bike to my car..I fall down in the mud and hurted a shoulder, but..u can say I am crazy..it worth it!:)

entry list:
http://www.monzanet.it/upload/documenti/elenco%20iscritti%20autostoriche.pdf

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Paolo,
You sound like you are having a one man disaster. One of my guys fell down a muddy bank in San Paolo in 2005 and hit a parked car with his head. $40,000 worth of plastic surgery to rebuild his face so it sounds as though you escaped without serious injury. Luckily, the car was undamaged.
I'm not invited to Rome for Flavs nuptials - and if I was, believe me I would find an excuse to not go.
He was on TV this afternoon and looks as though he's been eating all the pies. Again.
You are indeed fortunate to live so close to Monza with Mugello and Imola not all that far away either. People in Imola are talking about DTM coming there from Mugello next year but I think that is wishfull thinking. To me Mugello is a beautiful part of the world. I don't have any more trips to Italia this year so I need to think up an excuse for another visit.
I'm running low on Barolo - less than 10 cases is running low so it has to be sorted out,and at the same time come and see your shop in Milan and visit Wanni in Crevalcore again.

Paolo,
He was on TV this afternoon and looks as though he's been eating all the pies. .

ahahaha..thats right, was the same impression he gave here in a tv show named "sense of life"..ahahah..:)

Attachments

• briatore_gregoraci.jpg
    briatore_gregoraci.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 318
Dave,

No financial interest here, but if any of you need some good Barolo, or inexpensive Italian wines, try giordanowines.co.uk (they also work from the Netherlands, USA etc). Good wines at great (at £18/ bottle for Barolo) I think prices.

I normally consume less expensive wines.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread.

Dom

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Dom,
yes it's really superb though any d.o.c.g. wine (I found a Chianti with the d.o.c.g. [pink label around the neck of the bottle]lable at £7.50 on my last visit to Imola which is just divine). I've laid down about 10 cases of 2005 Millenium Riserve from Marabini about a month ago (I'm still drinking it but almost on my last bottle of M/Riserve 2000. It is not a pink lable wine but nonetheless one of the best around.
Faili, Promise me good wine and I'll go anywhere and be anybody's (preferably female though but I'm not really that fussy).[only joking...............

Dave, it sounds like I need some lessons from you in the finer art of Wine appreciation! To me, I'm afraid to say that its all just Plonk.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Dave,

I write this from Santhia, near Torino, and this area makes some great wines (Gattinara, Gheme, Sizzano etc).

Flav's wedding got lots of media exposure. Some were concerned that the honeymoon would be short given next week's grand prix.

Best
Dom

Back