Go Alex

My hero Alex Zanardi has just won the first race of the World Touring Car Championship at Brno in Czechoslovakia.

He put his BMW on pole, was second on the first lap and then passed his team mate to take the lead and win. What a guy. Apparently the flowing nature of the circuit suits his driving with hand controls.

On the slow down lap he celebrated with a couple of Champ car style doughnuts - and it's reckoned the po-faced stewards will fine him for that.....

It's Zanardi's second win in World Touring Cars.

Alex is a great!
I meet him In Monza in 2006, telling I was the third pilot of the Jas (and he laughed and understand I was ..the team truckdriver!:D).
Meet him at 23 pm,driving his black bmw x5 inside Monza paddock, with his wife (he is one of the few REAL pilots in that circus, the only one sleeping near cars, talking kindly to mechanics and workers..respecting all, including mr.noone as I was there..).
Some mechanics never had the lucky to talk to him, also if working on WTCC cars since several years.
When I saw him...I was ugly as a mouse and dirt after moving too many tyres,so all my color was mostly flat black and grease.

Dind't really want to make him any obvious comment about his nearly fatal crash..just asked him..if it was possible THE only picture of his Laguna Seca legendary race and overtake to Brian Herta..was the one he bought on iternet by a guy...present at the race:)..and it was true.
Told him I was also (despite my appearence at the time..)a modelling car dealer, and he asked me if I had the model of his cart (and of course I have, but I will never sell this..),cause he searched that at the time in american shops near tracks, but was only able to find Jimmy Wasser Reynard kit:) (revell guy sometimes are real assholds...inside Jimmi car there are also decals for "zanna" car,including ananas for helmet, but no istruction sheet inside for his car..ahahah..and no writings outside the box).

Wanted at all to have his signature...so gave him my truck driving license, with the idea to declare stole the next day ). :lipsrsealed:
He told me I was nut (of course I am..and proud to be:) ) and he gave me his card with his dedica over "a Paolo il Modellista..."
All the paddock envy me:)

Alex is a REAL pilot,also if just half of him is today alive.
His heart will be forever in America,driving his cart over 200mph..:thumbsup:

Attachments

• scansione0001.jpg
    scansione0001.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 187
  • scansione0002.jpg
    scansione0002.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 192
Back