George Carlin Dead... :*(

Way too much cocaine in his day. Caused the original heart damage. He had so many heart attacks, lost count. Loved his humor. Will be sadly missed. Remember the 7 words.

It's 1982, I am 13 years old. I am sitting on the couch with my Dad watching TV through our new "video recorder." I believe the VCR was relatively new at the time. We are channel surfing, and Dad stumbles on HBO (which was not something I was allowed to just watch, as it had all sorts of unmentionables like the occasional bare breast, certainly too much for me at that age!)

Some stand up comedian walks out onto stage and says "did you ever notice that most of the women who are against abortion are women you wouldn't want to f#$% in the first place?"

I am frozen by the F-bomb. I look over at my dad, who doesn't even flinch. He gets up, walks to the VCR and hits "record".

And thus began uncounted hours of helpless laughter thanks to George Carlin. I can still recite many a skit from that show (Carlin at Carnegie). RIP.

Everyone is talking about him and my 16 year old daughter asks who he is. We just watched 2 hours of Youtube Carlin videos and it was hilarious! Brought back old memories and she was laughing so hard she was crying. RIP, George.

truely a sad day, many memerable laughs from that guy, i still have an old LP of his somewhere with the "7 words you cant say on television" sketch. brilliant.
RIP George
John

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I certainly hope you all remember the 7 deadly words, as well as the 3 add ons which made it an even 10.

BT, I love your comment. LOL Hillarious!

RIP George, you will be missed...

It's 1977 and I'm listening to his "Occupation: Fool" album, or maybe "Take-offs and Put Ons". Regardless, in the words of Al Sleet, the Hippy-Dippy Weatherman "Forecast for tonight - Dark. Tomorrow's high - whenever I get up".

RIP George

Back