Garage Flooring

Ron Earp

Admin
The time has come to coat the new garage floor. I wish to coat it with a two part epoxy system. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good system to use or experiences to share?

Last time I used Tnemec's system and it worked well. My floor is holding up great. But, I just wanted to see if others had good experiences with similar systems that might offer some cost savings.

Ron

Ron,
In the GM plants I worked in most of the painted areas (robot zone)used Tnemec. The aisles used a clear urithane concrete sealer.
Dave

I work for StonCor, who own an international polymer flooring company called StonHard.

They have reps based in every state there, and are even tied up with one of the NASCAR teams for all of their facilities. For a small area, they might consider a "test patch" of a new product, in return for some advertising here?

Might be worth looking them up.

Seamless Flooring, Resinous Flooring, Epoxy Flooring, Polymer Flooring, Industrial Flooring by Stonhard Floors

There are so many options from simple coatings and self leveling floors, through to high build expoxy syetems that hide imperfections in your concrete.

Malcolm

Supporter
Ron, you must be new here! Use the search feature as this topic has been discussed in detail before!

I used an acid etch and then a nasty smelling two pack paint system that seems chemical proof enough for all that I have thrown at my floor so far. Only sharp items that chunk the concrete as well as the paint seem to damage it!

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron, you must be new here! Use the search feature as this topic has been discussed in detail before!

No no no, that is ONLY for you guys! :shy:

Just kidding, just wanted to see if there was anything "new" out there. Thanks for the replies guys, but I went ahead and ordered the Tnemec again in the same color as I did my old flooring. It worked well and I have a good idea of how to use it.

Lift is coming in about 10 days, flooring materials should be here next week, and in theory the garage should be buttoned up and complete, that is builders done and out of the way, but next Wednesday! Hooray!

Ron

Gordo

Lifetime Supporter
Ron -
Take a look at the Garage Journal Form they have covered flooring extensively. The Garage Journal Board - Powered by vBulletin

I wrestled with the issue recently and decided on a VCT tile. Relatively inexpensive. I'll put a vinyl "diamond plate" in the work areas for heavy stuff.

Attachments

• 1a lo res.jpg
    1a lo res.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 237
Back