DTM Zandvoort.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Lucas,
I should arrive on Thursday afternoon and I'll be setting up somewhere in the centre of the circuit. I don't know which hotel Audi have allocated
but they ar usually too far away from the circuit to bother about and I often stay at the circuit instead. My mobile number is +44 7767 450989
so let me know on text or voice about a beer or two.
Thanks,
Dave.

David,

I be friday at 10.00 in Zandvoort.
Hope to met you and i give you a call when i do arrive.
If don't mind i will bring a friend, he is a former sidecar GP-driver.

Regards,

Lucas

Have met David today, he is nice and well spoken man.
I have enjoy it.

To Jos, if you want to visit David, don't take the mainentrance but the parkingentrance C with the paddock office.
That is from the south coming, the 1e parking, behind Bosuit on the westsideot the circuit.
Btw if you look behind the big truck which is parked near David you find a hole in the fench which i think lead to Bosuit.

Lucas

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Lucas,
Thanks for braving the 'North Sea' weather and finding my location. Nice chat which really helped while away the hours because Qualifying was at some God awful hour in the evening.
Jos - sorry if you went looking for me but the race finished at 1400 hours and I was in the long term car park at Schipol by 1520 hours and checked in by 1550.
85,000 attended the race today which was staggering. How many went to Brands last year - 14000 over 3 days ? I guess this race in August will be the last visit of the DTM to the UK. Palmer (The equivalent of Ecclestone
at Brands Hatch) has decreed so unless there is an upturn in the figures which I can't see happening. It doesn't seem to float that many peoples boats in the UK the way it does in N Europe. Bythe same token, I think Mugello had similar numbers this year as Brands did last year.

A really good weekend for weather at Zandvoort (the track is almost on the beach) as the rain was tumbling in from the North Sea with monotonous regularity. Great really - it keeps me in a job !!

Hi,

Unfortunately, due to family circumstances I was not able to attend. I watched the race summary on my tv set. Yes I missed the LM Audi & Porsche Spyder. The sound of the Spyder must have been wonderfull between the dunes.
Maybe next event/year we meet !

Back