Hotel outside Portsmouth?

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Does anyone have suggestions for a 'GT40 safe' reasonably priced hotel outside Portsmouth. I am just looking for a one night stopover for the ferry journey next week. I suppose the main thing is a quiet out of the way place where the car would be safe.
I will need to get searching on the web this weekend.

thanks,
Dave

Malcolm

Supporter
Dave, you are on the same ferry as me. Would you like to stay at my house for the night and then go down in the morning together? Car should be safe here and it is a freebie! I am about 40 miles from Portsmouth, allow 1 hour to get there so leaving at say 6:30 to 6:45 am.

Keith

Does anyone have suggestions for a 'GT40 safe' reasonably priced hotel outside Portsmouth. I am just looking for a one night stopover for the ferry journey next week. I suppose the main thing is a quiet out of the way place where the car would be safe.
I will need to get searching on the web this weekend.

thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave, I am relatively local to that location and am familiar with nearly all the main hotels in the South (don't ask :lipsrsealed:) and I can only think of about three I would consider "GT40 safe" - one of them and probably the nearest would be at the Marriott in Goodwood Park which is about 25 minute drive time from the Port. Malcolm's offer sounds like an eminently sensible solution to me and by far the "safest" option. Then, all you have to do is try and hang on to him on the way to Portsmouth next morning! :shocked:

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Malcolm, thanks for the kind offer, would be good to 'convoy' with you to the ferry. I will pm you shortly
Keith, where are you?, be a pity to pass by and not know it!

Dave

Keith

Malcolm, thanks for the kind offer, would be good to 'convoy' with you to the ferry. I will pm you shortly
Keith, where are you?, be a pity to pass by and not know it!

Dave

Hey Dave I'm in The New Forest about 40 mins away, and I owe you a big D'oh! as it's the FOS @ Goodwood on the 12th so there will be absolutely No Room at that particular Inn. I will be there on the 12th working for Mazda as per usual .

Have a safe trip..... :vanish:

Last edited:
my absolute favorite hotel in that area is the Chilworth Manor. It's actually closer to Southampton than Portsmouth, but it's worth the extra 10 minutes.

Went to University at Pompey and still visit occasionally, to be honest only a few places i would park my daily driver.....bloody students now exams are finished looking for trouble....so i have heard wouldn't know honest....let alone the matlocks on a run ashore!!!!!!!HAPPY DAYS

Back