Wow, I finally found my big brother after 14 years...

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Ok, well when I was younger living in Alabama (cue banjo music) I was part of the Big Brothers & Big Sisters Organization. I had a big brother named Scott. Well, in 1993 we moved to Texas and I saw him when I went back a year or 2 after we moved. But since then, no contact.

About 2-3 years ago I went back to visit family in Alabama and remembered how to get to his house. No one was home, so I asked a neighbor who was outside watering his lawn if I had the right house. He informed me they had moved about 2-3 years prior.

Well off & on I have searched, not really hard, but just kinda poking around. Well today I started poking around a little more and came up with 5 possible matches on Google.

I called the first one, not him.
Second one, left a message.
Third one, message.

Forth one, I hear a familiar voice. "Hello..."
"Is this Scott?"
"yeah..."
"Scott, my name is Brian Hamilton, I'm looking for a Scott Myers who was part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters program in the late 80's and early 90's."
"Brian Hamilton... How the hell are you buddy?"

Man I was almost in tears, I have missed this guy a lot. he really helped me back in the day when I didn't have a positive male role model. Now I have all his contact info and I'm definitely going to keep in touch.

Thought I'd share it with ya'll.

Laters,

Brian

Brian,
That is a great story. BBBS is a great program. I have never had the opportunity to volunteer as a big brother but have done a bit for fundraising. Hopefully when my little ones are bigger I can take on the role of a brother. Very worthwhile way to give back to society. Congrats

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
It absolutely is! I have great memories of everything we did together. Baseball games, basketball games, football, jet ski, played tennis, all kinds of stuff. It was great fun and he really is a great person as are all the Big Brothers & Sisters. It's such an awesome program as you said. Most people just don't realize what it means to a kid to have someone who will take the time to just hang out with them. It's really cool.

Back