Farnborough Airshow July 14-20, 2008

Hi Scott,
I was there on Sunday (public day). I live about 2 miles from the end of the runway so I've seen all the aircraft for about a week. I'd heard before the show that the fuel crisis meant there wouldn't be so much going on but there was still a good show. Less military muscle than usual and more aerobatic displays. There were a good number of historic aircraft flying due to the celebration of 90 years of the RAF and 60 years of Farnborough. The old Vulcan bomber flew which was magnificent. The battle of Britain commemorative flight (Lancaster Bomber, Spitfire and Hurricane) was there again along with Hawker hunters and some other fine old aircraft. Modern jets were a bit few and far between, Hornet, Eurofighter and F16 were there on the Sunday along with a B1-B flypast. The A380 Airbus was quite a sight flying low over us (that thing is huge).
No video to share though, sorry.
Martin

Hi Martin,

Nice to hear you had a great time.

Thanks for the update, that is one show I have to go to someday .. along with the unlimited air races in Reno Nevada.

Cheers,
Scott

Hi Scott,

If you're ever planning it, let me know and I'll get you some tickets. Now I know your a fan, I'll take my camera next time and get you a programme.
Cheers,
Martin

Back