vacation time in Italy..plz explain me why all talk of Cuba..

real Paolo's off topic drift:D

Ok, I've just finish talk to a friend (a comunist here) about vacation time and cool places where to go.
The discussion stopped when he continue talk good of Cuba Cuba...and I really cant understand WHY so many italians love so much to go to Cuba for vacation.
My answer was only this...PLZ tell me what the hell do u find so special in cuba..and not..in Florida?that I really can understand.

Seem so special palces...seems to help people living there..I just suspect many only go there for prostitution..and for a sort of political similitude.

If we talk as pure landscapes, I really dont find anything nicer and special in cuba not present in Florida (also if unfortunately I have never been there).
The dad of this friend (another BIG comunist worker) went to Cuba for work, not for vacation and describd it as one of the worst places to live he ever seen..

I really cant understand.:furious:...and under EVERY point of view I will prefer 10.000 times to see before US than cuba.

Cuba has beautiful women living in a Third World economy, the Euro goes a long way there.
A lot oh history there and probably sort of a time warp back to the 50's.
Dave

Of course..but I mean, if u search for such woman,I am sure also florida can offer incredible masterpieces,as every place in the world (dunno if in that state is legal or not).

Is the deep sense of "being better cause not america" that I really dislike in such discussions...and there are really too many falling in love for cuba.
More,from the few I know of real life in US, sleep and eat is not expensive as in europe, and euro is too strong now also versus dollar....so..once again..WHY why cuba?

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Several of my British friends have said Cuba was the best holiday they've had in years (and these guys are well traveled.) Great food, warm & friendly people, hot & humid climate with lots of sunshine, cheap beer, etc.

Told them they ought to try Cancun; it has all the above too.

Paolo, depends on what you want from your holiday.

I've never been to Cuba, but know people that have (and aren't comunists ;) ).
As Dave said, its unspoilt by mass development, and so is like a time warp.

there are many places in this world that were once quiet backwaters and lovely to visit until mass tourism got a hold. I much prefer going to places and seeing the real culture and scenery than a sanitised tourist hot spot.

John mentioned Cancun. It is lovely too, but it already suffering from tourism development (again not been there but planning to, friends have).

We like the USA, and Canada. We prefer the places that are not wall to wall high rises and concrete urban sprawl. Give us the countryside and some nice views over a bunch of shops and bars any time ;)

Back