Just passing this on. It may be true but I have no way of verifying.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=600><O></O>

<O></O></PRE>
I can only pass this on. Words fail me.<O></O></PRE>
<O></O></PRE>
Recently, Royal Marines in Iraq, wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to<O></O></PRE>
let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to request that they<O></O></PRE>
send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the<O></O></PRE>
Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that<O></O></PRE>
Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would<O></O></PRE>
not send the troops their brand of coffee.<O></O></PRE>
<O></O></PRE>
So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT<O></O></PRE>
buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open.<O></O></PRE>
I know<O></O></PRE>
this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean<O></O></PRE>
we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and,<O></O></PRE>
house-<O></O></PRE>
to-house.<O></O></PRE>
<O></O></PRE>
If you feel the same as I do then pass this along. Thanks very much for<O></O></PRE>
your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.<O></O></PRE>
<O> </O></PRE>
<O></O></PRE>
Sgt. Howard C. Wright 1st Force Recon Co 1st PLT.<O></O></PRE>
<O></O></PRE>
PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS. .. PLEASE PASS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E- MAIL<O></O></PRE>
LIST, IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS<O></O></PRE>
WHO HAVE DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE !<O></O></PRE>
<O></O></PRE>
Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire<O></O></PRE>
fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for<O></O></PRE>
water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM! ! !<O></O></PRE>
<O></O></PRE>
AN ADDED NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN<O></O></PRE>
THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.<O></O></PRE>
<O></O></PRE>
There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK, and there's no doubt that<O></O></PRE>
our soldiers would get the same response from this company, so let us do<O></O></PRE>
our bit and boycott Starbucks to show them how despicable their actions<O></O></PRE>
are.<O></O></PRE>
</PRE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

No worries David,
That website is a very good 1st point of call when trying to veryify any of these kinds of stories.
As an aside i don't patronise Starbucks myself as i think their product is very over priced. Give me a 'greasy spoon' milky coffee served in a Pyrex cup 'n saucer any day ;)

David,
The "Tim Hortons" in "Kabul" is busy. It's a meeting place of all the International Forces. I like my cup of Timmies in the Morning.
Dave

It's no a bad thing that Starbucks isn't out there, the way they're agressively expanding their standardised coffee experince Kabul will be one of the few places left where you have a choice as to where you drink your coffee.

Morton the Infidel,

Shouldn't you ENGLISH be drinking lemon tea, anyway?! Coffee is rubbish,,,,,

Staurbucks SUCKS,,,I never drink their stuff anyway. If they really made the above statement (and they probably have). They should be forced to relocate their headquarters to the Dayala province in Iraq.

"ma people and I" frequent Peets, they have the ultimate Jihadi Tea (Darjeeling Extra Fancy)

Morton the Infidel,

Shouldn't you ENGLISH be drinking lemon tea, anyway?! Coffee is rubbish,,,,,

Staurbucks SUCKS,,,I never drink their stuff anyway. If they really made the above statement (and they probably have). They should be forced to relocate their headquarters to the Dayala province in Iraq.

"ma people and I" frequent Peets, they have the ultimate Jihadi Tea (Darjeeling Extra Fancy)

Peet's for the Bay Area, Tully's for being one of the last big Seattle independents with
stores in NorCal and beyond.

Starbucks !!! - thank goodness they are shrinking !!!

Of course, nothing beats a Guinness, but that's another story ...

Cheers,

Ian

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
I'm not a coffee drinker, but I have ZERO respect for captain Starbucks as that rat BASS-TURD sold the Seattle sonics to that jerk from Okie who showed up only to steal the team away...Everyone knew that except the brilliant Starbucks founder. Wouldn't surprise me if this is a pissed off Sonics fan putting this stuff out. Yes I'm pissed, but no, I didn't do it. :)

I have a hard time believing that a corporation would say they don't support the people on the ground. That sounds like such right-wing politically motivated crap. As much as I dislike Starbucks, I really abhor this kind of made-up crap whether it comes from the right, left, or center. Very childish.

Back