Transporting Cars?

Ron Earp

Admin
Who do you fellows recommend? The guy I used last time is apparently out of business now so I need to hook up with another outfit.

Ron

Hi Ron
I mostly lurk here but first off let me express my gratitude for all your efforts making this Forum available to us.
But back to the business at hand. I travel the country and buy sportscars for european enthusiasts that pick them out on the internet. Whenever a car is worth acquiring I pay for it and call Art Siciarz to handle the rest. His service is always impeccable. His rates are low and I can rely on him 100%. I never have to schedule anything. He calls the owner, sets up the time to pickup the car and a few days later it appears in my warehouse. I cannot speak more highly of him and he deserves a call from you. Just tell him that you are a personal friend of mine and that you need his help. I once answered a similar post on the Tom Yang Ferrari Forum and the gentleman went with Art and was quite pleased.
Mike Wegener

Art Siciarz
TLC Auto Relocation, Inc.
1-877-756-1539
Fax: 303-496-0789
[email protected]
[email protected]
TLC Auto Relocation - Automobile relocation service

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Chuck,
Rich Lacey was winding down his operation a couple of weeks ago...sad to see him go as he moved many cars for us..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Numerous cars carried by Stewart Transport.. Fully enclosed - Great service - Reasonable prices.. Factory Five uses them almost exclusively...

On the east coast Thomas Sunday Transport out of New Kingstown , Pa. has always given me a great rate, excellent sevice. Well worth a call.

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks Mike, I emailed Art. If that doesn't work out I'll give Stewart and Thomas a call. Thanks again fellows,

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for all the suggestions fellows. Art Siciarz turned out to be fantastic thus far. He was prompt on returning my calls, something I couldn't get out of the other three. And, his rate was about 15-20% lower than the others with a much faster pickup and delivery time scale. I'll let you know how the delivery turns out.

Ron

Re: Stewart Transportation

When I sold my 40, Stewart was contracted by the buyer (Dan Pfister) to move the car from Delaware to California.

I was assured that it would not be moved from it's spot on the truck, until it was offloaded at it's destination in California. The dozen or so FFR Cobra kits sitting in front of the 40 were to be unloaded by crane, through a side door. All was well at that point, and the car was 100% when I last saw it.

By the time it did arrive at it's destination, it had been unloaded and reloaded each time that a Cobra kit was delivered, while the truck was transiting the country.

Upon it's arrival in California, the 40 had a flat rear tire, and the new owner only made it 50' from the truck, before smoke came billowing out from under the dash. Thankfully, he had the presence of mind to yank some wires before bailing out, and total disaster was averted. Apparently, during one of the many times that the car was moved, the truck driver, who was not the sharpest tool in the shed by a long shot, had managed to get a foot or two up under the dash and into the wiring harness, while entering or exiting through the driver's side window opening, since there was no room in the truck to open the door.

Can't say that I'd recommend them, after that experience.

Thankfully, both car and driver survived, and are still on the road.

Bill,

Thanks for you post. It's helpful to hear the bad experiences as well as the good.Thank goodness the car didn't go up in smoke.-All that work you did to waste...Don't want to even think about it!

Back