Please explain.....

Malcolm

Supporter
A while back our beloved govenrment lost personal data on 25 million of the population when a CD disc was lost in transit. I was one of those people and I have my letter of apology from the government to prove it!

Just now, I heard on the radio the government have done it again. This time though it was a data stick with personal details of 84,000 prisoners that has been lost. As the story progressed the discussion turned to compensation for loss of privacy to the prisoners......

Why? Can someone please explain why prisoners can already talk of compensation but 25 million tax payers can't?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
That's why it is called a LABOUR GOVERNMENT

You work and labour hard and earn and they tax you senseless
The senseless are banged up and not working
But the senseless have so much time on their hands they will hire a lawyer paid for by Government Funds to fight for compensation against the Government, so the Government will pay the compensation so as not to pay the lawyers.

Then because the lawers did not get paid they did not pay tax so the LABOUR GOVERNMENT will tax the workers more to pay for the compensation.

After all the ministers have never done anything before they get the job of minister for XXXX. Lets face it would you ask a lawyer to do accounts? Well the LABOUR GOVERNMENT did and stuck Brown in as chancellor - his sums never added up!

I see a big circle here

Time for some blood pressure pills!

Ian

Yes, and no offense here, but it continues to bogle my mind as to why people in the US government point to Europe and Canada and say we need to be MORE like them. Sounds like MORE TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION! I seem to recall wars were started over such issues in the past.

The thing that gets me is that the data is on removeable devices in the first place... putting data on a memory stick!!!! asking for trouble. even laptops are moveable, nature of the beast.

You have important info, stored in datacentres, i would hope, leave it there, its what networks are for, you can secure and plan against malicious attacks etc but you cannot plan and prevent human error/stupidity.

I'm an IT contractor and can't rememer ever being allowed to take customer data home to work on and these customers didn't really have sensative data...

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Latest news is saying it was a subcontractor that lost the memory stick on a train.

So
1) Government canno even employ correct staff to do their job in house
2) Sub contractors are able to access all this data
3) Then Sub contractors are able to remove data from site

Next question - now many copies of my data are in the hands of subcontractors - on their laptops, memory sticks, printouts in their bins, etc. the whole lot stinks

But then again they say the House of Commons is the Toilet of the UK - and the ministers are just passing through!

some day it will change and we'll get people in authority that give a damn and tell the "do gooders" to get a life.

Ian

Errr, no offence Ian, but I think you're dreaming there in that last paragraph. I fully agree with your sentiments, and what is so frustrating is that the "common" person cannot do anything useful about it. We get an election to choose which group of non-representative idiots we want to abuse us, waste our money, mismanage our data, and fail to plan for our future. This is how democracy works. Hooray for western capitalism! Just wish the public servants (Ha!) would keep their grubby little hands off that hard-earned capital.

Dalton

Pat

Supporter
When you rob Peter to pay Paul, Peter is discouraged from working harder while Paul doesn't need to work as hard as he did before, or even at all. The economy begins to contract, tax revenues decline, governments borrow to make up the difference by selling bonds to the private banks, and guess who buys the bonds from the banks? Not Paul, who is a recipient of some of the borrowed money, but Peter who has been discouraged from taking the risks that are inseparable from the creation of wealth and is looking for a safe return on his dwindling capital. And as the borrowing grows, and the interest bill grows with it, so does the government's presence grow as well, leading to the comment of the French economist Bertrand de Jouvenel: 'The more one considers the matter, the clearer it becomes that redistribution is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the state.'"

- Kenneth McDonald

But...

"A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on Paul's support."

- George Bernard Shaw

Back