Any Canucks at Mosport for the North American Le Mans Series?

Was a very hot and humid day (35C with humidex) but the racing was excellent in all classes. I had never seen the Audi TDI cars in the flesh, flying down the start/finish - almost silent! During the practice runs/race I couldn't believe how quiet these cars were - spooky! Audi took 1st and 3rd - Acura's came 2nd and 5th - themselves sounding awesome. I have to admit that the nastiest sounding cars of the day went to the Corvettes, Ferrari's and Bugatti.

If you are ever in the area, this even is excellent - much has been invested on the track over the years (and what a race track it is) to attract more races like the American Le Mans series and bigger sponsorship. Probably one of the most under-rated tracks in North America but my understanding is that the drivers love this event.

The Saleen ride up was a blast too! (thanks Gerald!) Sun burnt but worth every penny.

Chris

Hi Dave,

Myself and others are trying to organize a large group for next year. Will let you know- Hope you had a good weekend. If anyone else local or not wants in send me an email me.

The Le Mans Sunday was $50.00 CAD

Chris

Back