Road Atlanta Petit Le Mans

The Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta on Oct. 1-4 is going to be one heck of a race.

• Peugeot will enter two 908 LMP1 diesels to compete against the Audi R10 TDI diesels
  • Reigning Indianapolis 500 champion Scott Dixon will drive with former Indy 500 winner Gil de Ferran in an Acura LMP2.
  • Corsa Motorsports has entered a unique hybrid
  • The supporting event cast is the strongest ever with seven races plus the 1,000 mile / 10 hour Petit Le Mans.
If you are in the Atlanta area this is one not to miss. If you are considering going, maybe we can get together or meet somewhere. I will be there for at least one or maybe two days. The pits are very accessible, so teams and cars will be Close Up. The track is easily walked so every corner can be seen during the race. They have made some changes at the track I believe around turn 12 I think. With the new teams and drivers, this should make for an interesting time. Let me know if you are planning to go.

Bill

Gordo

Lifetime Supporter
A few of us from Charleston, SC will be there. Any forum members are welcome to join the festivities around turn 6 and 7. Look for the Gulfstream Super Nova in "earth tones" - usually with or near the old grey Wanderlodge. The Segway beer races are usually fun!! And so are the ornaments!:D

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Bill,

I'm going to start petitioning the comptroller here immediately to see if I can arrange this one! I'll let you know.

Regards,
Lynn

Back