1021 Crashed at Watkins Glen

Friends of mine were at the Glen last weekend for the Zippo Lighter Classic and one of them told me a GT40 was bent pretty badly. He thinks the chassis was 1021. Supposedly owned by Bill Murray. Anyone else hear about this?
Cheers
Phil

Yes! I got a call from Fran Kress wanting to know if I had a MKI nose in stock or could I make a nose and bring it to Watkins Glen Sunday or Monday before the transporter left for home. I remembered a customer had a complete body I sold him five years ago. He gave it back to me in trade for a new one. I got at 3am Monday morning and drove out to Albany, NY and met up with the transporter at a rest stop. They had three original Cobras and Bill's GT. The whole front nose was in lttle pieces, but the chassis looked like there was no damage done to it. This transporter was huge! It looked spotless, just beautiful! I think the transporter and the Cobras belonged to the Shelby Museum in Colorado.

I was at the Glen and agree on all accounts. Very unfortunate. Luckily, to the best of my knowledge, nobody was injured.

Back