WANTED - Large Hadron Collider

Does anyone know where I might find a Large Hadron Collider at a reasonable price? I'd prefer one that won't cause the cataclysmic destruction of the Earth but I'll consider anything... as long as it creates God Particles! :wreck:

Oh rats, I've been trying to get rid of the one in my warehouse for several years and thought I might finally have a sale! If only mine didn't create black holes of death, we might have been able to come to terms. Oh well, that nice Iranian gentleman down the street seems very interested. I just hope he doesn't start it up in my neighborhood...

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
My cousin recently sold one to a guy in Ipswich.

I heard that he is pretty clueless about how to get the damned thing to work so he may be interested in selling it.

What is your price range?

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
If the real one fails to produce the effects they expect it might be going cheap...

Otherwise wait until they have done all the experiments they want to do with this one and start to plan the next 'big thing'.

You'll have to transport it yourself though, and dig your own 17m tunnel to locate it in etc.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone know where I might find a Large Hadron Collider at a reasonable price? I'd prefer one that won't cause the cataclysmic destruction of the Earth but I'll consider anything... as long as it creates God Particles! :wreck:

What a great typo

So now we have the scientists and evangalists looking for the same small particles

Ian

I find it amusing they spend $6 Billons dollars building the thing so they can test the ‘big bang’ theory – to see if the big-bang really created earth and the solar system, when they could have directed the $6 Billion to saving the blood planet!

come come now Stu, you cant possibly want to try and save something that you dont now how was created, good god man it might be infected with all sorts of nasty hireditry virus thingys, got to get priorities right ole boy aye what.

I find it amusing they spend $6 Billons dollars building the thing so they can test the ‘big bang’ theory – to see if the big-bang really created earth and the solar system, when they could have directed the $6 Billion to saving the blood planet!

6 billion would probably get you multiple 'big bangs' on a daily basis in Kings Cross-possibly even make the earth move for you! :)

Yes, if only Galileo and Newton had listened to the advise of the day that there was enough to worry about with bubonic plague and religious wars going on, so please don't bother to show and explain the orbits of the planets, it really isn't that important. The world would be very different today.

lhc

Some live webcams to keep an eye on the nerds so they don't open up a portal to a demonic realm and we have to send in all the old WWE wrestlers!!!!!!!

If you want to start pointing fingers at a colossal wastes of money try the estimated at $1100 billion a year that goes on worldwide military expenditure.

Put next to that $6B To advance mankind's understanding of the very nature of matter looks like a good investment to me.

BTW the World Wide Web was an invention of Tim Berners-Lee whilst working at CERN that alone has to be worth a good chunk of the $6B don't you think?

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
BTW the World Wide Web was an invention of Tim Berners-Lee whilst working at CERN that alone has to be worth a good chunk of the $6B don't you think?

And I believe that during the LHC project they have developed further such technologies that will in turn make their way out into the public domain and improve the web etc for the rest of us.

Oh rats, I've been trying to get rid of the one in my warehouse for several years and thought I might finally have a sale! If only mine didn't create black holes of death, we might have been able to come to terms. Oh well, that nice Iranian gentleman down the street seems very interested. I just hope he doesn't start it up in my neighborhood...

Hey mate I might be interested. Might be fun to create a black hole that sucks in whole planets for a change. The last one I had created black holes but they all lead to really annoying opposite universes... damn thing kept spitting out really weird things like Ferraris that weren't red and left hand drive GT40s!

I finished a LHC a couple years back only I called it a GT40. Damn thing certainly created a black hole. It only sucks in money however. :laugh:

Back