Now THIS is what you do with a muscle car....

Ron Earp

Admin
14 cases of assorted beers, grocery run, and pizza from the grocery store deli.

Porsche? Nope. Lotus? No way. Ferrari? Nada. Torino - check!

Man that trunk is deep. Dang saggy springs about hit the ground though.

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpg
    IMG_3851.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 352
Ron,
What good is a car that can only carry 14 cases of beer. Now you know, you shoulda bought a truck. Now we're talking kegs. Also, you can put a rubber liner in the bed, fill it with water and have a portable pool, a floating lawn chair, AND drink your beer.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Is that a Torino trunk ? -- man, its young blokes like you that get us old blokes into trouble :thumbsup: (I like the way you're thinking)

14 cases of assorted beers, grocery run, and pizza from the grocery store deli.

Porsche? Nope. Lotus? No way. Ferrari? Nada. Torino - check!

Man that trunk is deep. Dang saggy springs about hit the ground though.

Your about 3 decadent decades too late Ron, you would have fitted right in with the 'Center Park' brigade in 'Lil ol Gore NZ' with that piece of kit! Need to tidy your act up though, if you had stacked the beer cartons a bit tidier you might have got the minimum Saturday night requirement of 10 dozen large bottles in ( No such thing as cans back in them daze & you would have had to drive a 100 miles to find a Pizza Shop:) )

Ron Earp

Admin
But I got a real fast truck Jim.....

What is Gore NZ? Is this where you lived 30 years ago when doing hooligan activities???

Now if we can sort out what to do with the Torino.....big block or Cleveland, and so on.....

Fun car, the stock stereo even works!

Now if we can sort out what to do with the Torino.....big block or Cleveland, and so on.....

:idea:
Simple Ron,

Flip the Torino at a profit.

Give me a deposit on the first US Carbon TS40:rolleyes:

BTW how long can you lay some posi stripes on the ground?!

Best,
S

What is Gore NZ? Is this where you lived 30 years ago when doing hooligan activities???

Yep, and still live there, so I cannot have been toooo bad, but then I always had fairly quick transport!! But a car the size of your Torino in those pre compulsory seat belt days would actually have been a 10+ seater!!

Ron Earp

Admin
Yep, and still live there, so I cannot have been toooo bad,

Gore looks great!!!!! Google Earth is wonderful. Looks like this shot isn't too far from you. Not in Gore but looks to be less than 100 miles away.

Now Malcolm, YOU would have to bring a lot of buddies over with you to make a dent in that beer supply. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, we had quite a bit left over after the big bday party. Hmmmm, more for me - if only I ever had some time to drink one or three. I imagine you'll see some of these at the 13 hour.

Scott, I need another project around the house like a hole in the head. We've got our SE Championship race this coming weekend and I've been working on Jeff's TR8 while he vacations at the beach AND I've got to do some work on the Z to get it ready too. Plus sort out the garage, do some house stuff, and oh yeah, that pesky work thing too.

Now before someone says "why you working on your buddies' car?" I'll explain - it saves time. 7 times out of 10 when someone else works on the TR8 Jeff and I then spend Sat night in the paddock "unfooking" what those people "fooked up". So, unless I don't have the tools for it (boring blocks, balancing cranks, and so on) I'd rather do it myself.

Saves time in the long run, valuable time that I should be spending relaxing in the paddock instead of running around asking folks "Hey, you guys got any bearing seals we can make fit this TR8?". I'm supposed to be asking people things like "Hey man, can you pass me another beer and brat please?".

348937.jpg

Yep, Milford Sound with Mitre Peak in the background, harbour, airfield , accomodation hostels etc of to the right behind small peninsula, open sea about 10 miles away, cruise ships etc often anchor in the sound- you can flyin, drive if your game , with all the loopy tourists on the road thats like russian roulette as they forget which country they are in . About 2.5/3hrs from Gore by road- terrific scenery- Homer Tunnel without lights scares the living daylights out of you the first time! Silence is deafening when you turn the engine off at any viewing points on the road.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Yep, Milford Sound with Mitre Peak in the background, harbour, airfield , accomodation hostels etc of to the right behind small peninsula, open sea about 10 miles away, cruise ships etc often anchor in the sound- you can flyin, drive if your game , with all the loopy tourists on the road thats like russian roulette as they forget which country they are in . About 2.5/3hrs from Gore by road- terrific scenery- Homer Tunnel without lights scares the living daylights out of you the first time! Silence is deafening when you turn the engine off at any viewing points on the road.

Jac, you forgot to mention the trout. Or are you keeping them a secret?

Back