Accel has new 25ohm/ft race wires

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
PRO25_8.8MM.jpg

Accel has come out with new spark plug wires that combine good RFI suppression with very low resistance. A quick Google search found a comparison of racing wires at SRT Forums.com and these Accel wires at 25 ohm/ft came in between the top two in this comparison: Granatelli wires, at an incredible 2 ohms/ft, and MSD at 33 ohms.

They use Ferro-spiral core that is machine wound to allow maximum spark energy to the plugs. The red wire jacket features a double silicone construction that is rated at over 600° F. This extra layer of silicone is designed to better resist extreme heat variances, petrochemicals and excessive moisture. The special Race Wire terminal uses a combination of stainless steel and brass for unsurpassed electrical conductivity and excellent corrosion resistance. Using Kevlar strands on the inner core provides greater pull strength and robust terminal retention. BTW, Granatelli uses a stainless steel core, wrapped in silver plated copper wiring.

Summit racing has universal kits for $100 and SBF sets for $160. I really haven't shopped them, so I don't know if this is a good price for these wires in particular or as wires go in general. But they sound like a really good spark plug wire to use in a GT40.

Regards,
Lynn

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Lynn

The one problem with them, and might not be for the GT40's is the LONG boot. I had a set of older ACCEL wires that used the any angle spark plug bendy boot and it gets in the way of a lot of stuff for tight engine compartments. Right angle are fine, the other are really long. Should be fine with the 40's but didn't like the spark boot side. Taylor/Vertex has 409 wires that are spiral and good for supression and I have moved to them as they are 10.4mm and you can get them with various angle boots preformed (135 work well with fords). About the same price too.

Sandy

Back