The ULTIMATE GT40 accessory?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ditto +1

Attachments

• Copy of duece.jpg
    Copy of duece.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 236
Hey Pete,you've got the 100th anniv one too! MarkIV has it right - it'll go just about the same speed uphill as down but you don't have to row it around with the shift lever,just turn the grip.I like to think of it as a 2 wheel John Deere. It keeps me sane(sort of) knowing it won't do what will get me in trouble like the stuff Fran raced in years past(or maybe secretly still does). A.J.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Got 92 Cubic Inches of Victory m'self - but a guy can always use a little extra help from time to time... :D

106.jpg

Randy - I had the opportunity to put a few miles on a Victory(set up more for touring) a few years ago.Engine was powerful and very torquey,chassis was good,brakes good too.Cold blooded though. Only one question - does yours shift quietly? Positive shifts but audible,like BMW R series.Maybe due to very early model.Overall,I liked it and didn't want to give it back so soon. A.J.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
AJ - My Victory is a 1999 - the first year produced and it's actually the 106th one they made. The transmission was replaced with a 2001 tranny under warranty and it still clunks but a lot less than the original did. The original actually exhibited a trait of down-shifting on it's own from time to time and also getting lost between 2 gears (false neutral).. When he shifted himself from 3rd to 2nd gear on a cloverleaf off the freeway, I almost lost control. Dancing with a 725# Gorilla is not my idea of a good time. Into the shop and a week later all was well... Great bike and very powerful.
Just a little cold blooded but after a 2 minute warmer, he's just fine...

Glad you liked your ride!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
AJ I also had a VTR1000 but kept doing mucho Stupido things on it and got rid of it out of self preservation. It was one hell of a ride though. As is the Harley but at different ends of the spectrum.

Attachments

• vfr5.jpg
    vfr5.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 219
Pete - Been there.One side wall of my garage has a rack with exhaust pipes with holes ground in them(Z-1,H-1,Triumph).In the back is my 1973 original Z-1 along with a Can-Am MX.Somewhere in hiding are an Ossa Pioneer and a side hack ice racer in pieces.Cellar has remains of several karts/engines and a Formula-4 that never made it due to the class becoming Formula C.That upped the displacement to 1000cc and raised the weight limit thus making my modified Saab 750/inv'd Renault and 450lb(that's right)chassis a non qualifier.SOOOO ,I know what you mean about the wacko things we do with cars and bikes.I rode one of those bikes a while back(more recently than the aforementioned Victory) and it was an impressive machine.Thank God it wasn't mine or I would have probably done the same things that caused you to part with yours.So I putt around on the Superglide now. BTW - Saab parts and 351w Ford complete engine/4spd auto(87 police intrcptr)are avbl to anyone in my area - just take 'em away. A.J.

Pete/Randy - Have only one pic of the Harley in digital format(from cell phone camera) so quality is not so good.Will have to get digital cam and get some new pics.Bike is now tucked away as it was snowing lightly in CT last night but there might be a good day or two yet.As you can see,it's accessorized differently than either of your bikes but still good for touring and stays sporty enough for the TT (that's Tavern to Tavern in the Harley dictionary)rides. Seems like a long wait till spring...... A.J.

Attachments

• Photo0061.jpg
    Photo0061.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 287

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Nice Seat-Cover there AJ !!!! :)

Yeah - the time has come to put my 2 scooters away...

Picked up another one a couple months ago.. 1982 Honda CBX... What a different ride from the Victory!

Back