Trolley on rev limit

Went to Tescos today. Didn't realise they are fitting rev limiters to their trolleys.
Mine had a notice saying: 'Caution Trolley may stop suddenly if you go over the red line'.
Wonder what the rev limit is?

Keith

Went to Tescos today. Didn't realise they are fitting rev limiters to their trolleys.
Mine had a notice saying: 'Caution Trolley may stop suddenly if you go over the red line'.
Wonder what the rev limit is?

About 250 yds? :drunk:

Seriously though, these are stupid notices. My local Waitrose has a large metal block screwed to a wall which states a similar message. I don't know about you but I see that as a challenge! :evil:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Have you ever managed to get the trolley moving on one of their "travelator / elevator belts"?

The notice said it would not move so I proved it wrong! The woman in front looked bewildered as to how I got the trolley to move!

I do like a challenge!

Ian

Keith

Have you ever managed to get the trolley moving on one of their "travelator / elevator belts"?

The notice said it would not move so I proved it wrong! The woman in front looked bewildered as to how I got the trolley to move!

I do like a challenge!

Ian

It just goes to show there's a lot of dumb people out there! Now, I do understand Tesco, but Waitrose? I thought they were supposed to enjoy a superior demographic (if the cost of their damned "quality" food is anything to go by)...:huh:

The old style Tesco trolleys used to have a flat meshed bottom, below the basket at the same level as the castors. When I was younger, I acquired a couple, cut the baskets off, and welded the bottom.They made great skates to put gearboxes and such like on so you could wheel them around the garage. I am probably partly responsible for why these guys now prevent their trolleys being taken off the premesis. And they've changed the design. Spoil sports.
Martin

Keith

The old style Tesco trolleys used to have a flat meshed bottom, below the basket at the same level as the castors. When I was younger, I acquired a couple, cut the baskets off, and welded the bottom.They made great skates to put gearboxes and such like on so you could wheel them around the garage. I am probably partly responsible for why these guys now prevent their trolleys being taken off the premesis. And they've changed the design. Spoil sports.
Martin

Good for barbeque pits and downhill street racing too.... :)

Stop Press! Just discovered that the Tesco Red Line and the Waitrose "Lump of Metal on the wall" conceal powerful magnets which activate (in theory) the trolley brakes. Hmm, not always though I suspect.

Fascinating subject this.. :)

Last edited:
Back