The right stuff!

Ron Earp

Admin
It looks very suspect. The failure mode seems quite unrealistic and it appears at the end of the video there is some monkey business with size of the aircraft compared with surroundings etc.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Jack

It means to rewind the video.

I do not know if its computer generated or not but the recovery is certainly possible.

The guy flies it knife edge to land and in that attitude the lift is generated by the fuselage not the wing.

I have flown large scale R/C models with 150cc petrol engines and some of the things you can do you would think impossible. For instance a knike edge loop.

You can also prop hang with the rudder virtually touching the floor.

It would take some guts to do it full size just in case the engine had a problem but its certainly possible.

Andy

Attachments

• cap3.jpg
    cap3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 204
If it's real, the only person I know that could pull off a stunt like that, is Sean Tucker. He hangs a Pitts on it's prop fifty feet of the ground at most air shows. With a strong enough wind, the ground speed is zero. Amazing to see! He has a lot of trust in in his engine oviously!

The bounce at landing is NOT realistic. Somehow, after all these years and with all this computing power, they still seem to have trouble making realistic accelerations due to gravity.

Back