Veyron - Top Gear

What a gorgeous sound, and how great did it look around the test track! Man that new Zonda is something! ;)
(if a bit, er, ostentatious)

Oh yeah, there was some Fugly, heavy, big numbers, straight-line thing on the show as well. Good on freeways I guess... Hehehe :)

Sorry to the Veyron lovers, I'm obviously not one. :)
On the plus side it looked slightly better in white, more like a van... ;)
To be honest it did do better than I thought it would.
I'm not a huge fan of how the Zonda looks either but this new version seems to work better with the roof off.

VW really should have a listen to the Zonda and rip it to the Veyron's sound system or something. It sounds gorgeous (on TV anyway), the Veyron on the other hand still sounds like a flatulent elephant.

Tim.

How about the Koeniggseg's (sp) exhaust note? Or, the new Alfa 8C? Those are hard to beat as well.

Looks like BBC is asserting copyright limits on YouTube for the latest/current episode(s) of Top Gear. You can pick up various bits but the sequential part-by-part listing for the latest season 12 is gone unfortunately......

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
My favourite sound was from the Ascari (A10?) when they had it on the private circuit in Spain. Think this might have been one of their DVD's though not the main series. It is on the lap times board though but I think I must have missed that episode.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Last edited:
I think (I suspect against popular opinion) that this thing is fantastic! -> YouTube - Caparo T1

It's just so nuts, and with a reliability record that reminds me of a couple of my own cars. :)
The sound is just enough race and not too much buzz-saw. Love it!

Tim.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I think (I suspect against popular opinion) that this thing is fantastic! -> YouTube - Caparo T1

1 min 10.6 on the Top Gear track, a full 7 seconds faster than the previous official fastest, the Koenigsegg CCX. Of course the Ultima GTR should be up there at 1min 12.8, which is a hell of a bang for the buck cosnsidering the 5 fold price gap between it and the competition. I'm just waiting for the day Fran takes the SL-C out to this track....hint

Back