Microsoft Powerpoint

Hi Al -

Where from? - if it's from the web, you would normally move the mouse over the link and then 'right-click' selecting 'save-as' to save a copy on your local PC.

If it's from an email, similar applies although in each case you may be able to just 'double-click' on the file/link and it will automatically open.

Hope that made sense...

Al - Are you on a Mac? You may not have the Microsoft Office /Powerpoint software installed in your system. I get those .pps emails all the time and since I did not spring for the "office" update from Apple I cannot see what people send me.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Al, Mike, you can run a Virtual Windows on a Mac using VM software.

But that's kind of like running Lada emulation on your Lambo!

Cheers

Craig

P.S. I'd rather run Mac but I NEED to run so much Windows only software it's not worthwhile :(

Al, Mike, you can run a Virtual Windows on a Mac using VM software.
VMware Fusion Overview, Run Windows on Mac, Virtual PC on Mac - VMware.

Thank You Pete! I will try that. I get a lot of powerpoint nonsense emails from the old country that are sometimes quite funny. I have a Vista Laptop that I carry around when I travel but the thing is so bothersome and complicated that I do not like to use it. Its like using a Rube Goldberg designed computer compared to the elegance of my mac.
Mike

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm on a MacBook Pro and have Microsoft Office 2008 for the Mac and it works fine.

You can also download NeoOffice;

NeoOffice Home

It's a FREEbie...

--edit--

I also run VMWare to allow me to run MS Windows Vista Business as there is some softwares that I have that require Windoze.. The MBPro runs VMWare Fusion without any issues whatsoever...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I guess I didn't make myself that clear! I am trying to do download it to a thread on this site! Al

Al,

Downloading is moving software from elsewhere to YOUR computer.

Uploading is moving software from your computer to ELSEwhere (such as this site).

So what you want to do is to upload the file to GT40s...

That said - I think you're out of luck as GT40s only supports the following file types;

avi bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mov mpg pdf png psd txt wav xls zip

***although***

You "could" ZIP the file and then upload it as long as it's not too large...

97.7KB is the largest filesize allowed...

--------

Alternative would be to upload it to a site like PhotoBucket and then posting a link to it here..

Spot on re file types - pps files are not currently included.

What size is the file Al? as the pps filetype could be added, so long as the file size is not massive as it would start load bandwidth..

Ron may have omitted it for a reason I'm not aware of so I'll ping him to enquire.

Back