Customers building monocoque cars

What type are you building ? (type, not manufacturer)

• Total voters
Following on from my last post, I thought it might be handy to know in one place who is building (as a customer) these cars, in the hope that we may be able to share information and potentially help each other.

So please add a post here if you are building one of the above :)

It would be interesting to have a section to tick for non gt40 build members to see the breadth that this forum caters for.Cheers Russell

Ron Earp

Admin
Any particular monocoque chassis? There are many of them available.

If folks are building monocoque race cars please post what series/club you are running them with and what class. I'm particularly interested in non-vintage efforts that must meet "modern" cage and safety requirements.

Russell, I have no idea how I add extra options now the poll has been started. If Ron (or any other moderator) can do this, that is fine by me.

Ron, I'm doing a mkIIa in race trim, but with the necessary lights, dials, mufflers etc to hopefully allow it to get SVA approval for road use too. I'm not aiming at a particular class. Once its in one bit and driveable I'll see what best suits, and what I have time/funds to go for.

I puropsely left off which manufacturer as that seems to be the main contention involving monos. Maybe this poll needs a sister for manufacturers of monos...

Urs

Supporter
We build MkI Carbonfibre monocoques for Street and for racing.
greetings from switzerland.

Mine is an RCR for the track. I am a time trial guy like a NASA TT class. I am not interested in the side by side in a car as nice as a GT40. It might be a lot of fun if you were on the track with people you trusted more as an exhibition than a race. My car is street legal, Runs on pump gas and can run around town or down the interstate very comfortably. It is also very competitive on the track.

Back