More pics

Chris Kouba

Supporter
I've meant to post a few from my trip last month (first two weeks of Nov) but have been busy lately. My dad came back out on Halloween and we headed for Lake Powell again, this time just the two of us for a 5 day (~100mi) trip. We had heard of weather headed our way and took a NOAA radio with us to keep an eye on things. Sure enough it kept coming and would have been a 10-20 mph headwind on our way back so we called it about halfway through the trip, returning to the launch as darkness fell on the third day.

We came back with my mom and Bethany a week later and checked out the rather famous Antelope Canyon- the sandstone slot canyon which is typically THE one you see in all the coffee table books. It was gorgeous but we didn't time the visit correctly from a sunlight perspective as it wasn't as well lit as the canyon we got to on the lake this past spring. The pics aren't as dramatic but it was still a breathtaking place.

We also rented a power boat to head all the way to where we wanted to get to originally- a place called Rainbow Arch. The arch was cool and power boats are much easier to make progress in!

Happy holidays and I hope you enjoy:

Album link

IMG_3830.JPG

Back