Norbar Torque wrenches UK

Yes, I use a 3/8" drive one for 10-40 ft/lb. No problems other than I now have to put my glass's on to read the scale when adjusting settings:) Dont think you could call that a fault!!. Had it 20+ odd years now.

Hi,
Use Norbar torque wrenches wrenches most days in a power station, from little ones(10-20ft/lbs 1/2"drive) to big ones(1000+ft?lbs 3/4"drive). These are set on calibrated torque analisers (before use and checked after) and have consistant repeatability even after many operations. I was so impressed by them that i bought my own Norbar 5R to tighten the knock-offs on the RF.

Jerry

Malcolm

Supporter
I have a 1 inch drive wrench used to do up wheel nuts to 280 ft/lb. Works well for me albeit quite big and heavy! The 67mm deep impact socket weighed 6 kilos by itself!

Norbar wrenchs , highly reccomend them ive got 3, a 1/4 drive 0-30 inch lbs
and a 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive ft lb all 3 have been calibrated only once in the 20 odd years ive had them and were still withing specs, and i'm not known for being easy on my tools.lol
Kaspa

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Gentlemen: Thanks for the replies. Based upon favorable consensus, I purchased a 3/4" drive unit. It arrived today. It appears extremely sturdy and well built.

Back