Ferrari 250 GTO

Several been built over the years on 240/260/280Z Nissan & 944 Porsche platforms, Try a search on Ferrari 250 GTO Replica. Might be a 'little' difficult to find someone actually brazen enough to 'advertise' the fact!

Craig, replica ferrari manufacturers have had to go underground in recent years as ferrari is aggressively pursuing any replica manufacturer copying their shapes/designs by using their trademark and patent protections.

I've only seen a few gto copies that don't cost $500,000 or more and they're pretty crappy. The body isn't the right scale - looks about 7/8th scale - and the details are all wrong. There have been a few gto's cranked out that are almost exact copies but the build costs were five or six times what you might pay for a good GT40 replica. One of two of these ferrari copies have been passed off as original only to be discovered as a fake down the road with the inevitable litigation following in its wake.

There's an english Lord who owns an original gto who commissioned a very expensive copy which is identical in all respects - it's what he drives around and takes to the track when it's OK to race a non-original car in vintage races.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Craig, Cliff,
if you go to Italian Replica Club - and click on 'GTO kits for sale'. it seems that there is a kit available in the uk 'phone for build options' based on the Porsche 924,944 chassis.

regards
Dave

it seems that there is a kit available in the uk 'phone for build options' based on the Porsche 924,944 chassis

I saw an article about what I presume is the same project in a Magazine. It is basically a set of panels that are attached to a cut down doner car. The door pillar has to be moved! To me the side view lets the car down, the window is the wrong shape and that makes the finished product looks a bit like a GTO, but not a lot.

It comes with "
6. Fixing kit. Six tubes of bonding agent, fiberglass matting & resin,screws

Cheers

Fred W B

Last edited:
not so much similar to a 250 gto.
Saw a real one in san marino museum, and her lines are simply incredible in proportions.
It is one of those cars where u remain there..fixing her,breatheless (as well as for p3/p4 cars)
Dont think this kind of kitcar gives justice to the beauty draw by Giotto bizzarrini, sorry.

Hope there will be something nicer around..
this looks nicer:
1962 Ferrari 250 GTO Replica | cars for sale | octane
..and its for 160.000 GBP.. ;)

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
There was actually a car started locally here a few years back which was based on a Ferrari 330 America chassis, shortened, and with an aluminum Allemano body on it. At least it was said to be an Allemano body. I don't think the car was ever completed. But from what I recall it was a running car with the body complete and most of an interior in it. I am in Maryland. PM me and if you are interested I will try to find out what happened to it. More than likely it was never completed.

Back