Picture size/resize

Can someone tell me how to reduce the size of a picture. I have pictures taken from a digital can and are on my computer. They are 1.2 to 2 Meg in size. They are JPEG. Is there a way to reduce that?

Thank you
Jim

Ivan

Lifetime Supporter
The easy and cheap method:-

open the pic in MS paint (one at a time), go to
>Image
>strech/skew
Change the 100% values down till the correct size is achieved (this may take a few goes)
>save as
give the pic a new name
check size of file
>repeat if required

Ivan :thumbsup:

Jim,
If you have Windows XP, all you have to do is to find the pic on your computer. It should show up as P1001040 or what ever you named it. Right click it and you will have a box pop up with several options from Open,Edit, Print, Resize Picture, Preview etc. Choose resize and another box will open giving you several options. Chose the one you want and it will do it. It will make another pic in that size and leave the original alone. Then you can post it on the forum. Actually very easy. I am sure Vista is similar. I also believe you can upload the pic as it is and the upload of the pic will resize it for the forum. If I am incorrect on that last bit, I am sure someone will straighten me out.If you want to insert directly to your post, reduce the pic and send it to a picture hosting site like Photobucket. When you want it to show in the middle of the post use the view of the mountain at the top of the posting to bring it to your post. Click on the pic on the hosting site and copy the direct link, paste it in the link window and click on OK. It will resize the pic for the post and give the original size info of the pic. It will also give you the option in the post to click on the bar to get the pic in its full view. This process uses up a little more band width I think.

Bill
P1010084.jpg

Bill I had every option except "resize". I use XP. But Ivan, that way worked very well. Now when loading photos on the site is it the diminsions that matter or just get he file size below the required limit?

Thanks again guys

I guess I had already downloaded the add on and just didn't remember doing it. Could have sworn that was a standard thing on my laptop. Now where did I leave my wallet????

Bill

Attachments

• GT40 test 002 (Large).jpg
    GT40 test 002 (Large).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 162
  • GT40 test 003 (Large).jpg
    GT40 test 003 (Large).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 169
  • GT40 test 004 (Large).jpg
    GT40 test 004 (Large).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 166
  • GT40 test 001 (Large).jpg