US House Bill 45

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Hey everyone,
I don't normally do this, but this is something we all need to know about. I really think everyone needs to know about what is happening in Washington. I'm not one of those crazy Government Conspiricy guys, but this is actually happening and we need to act on it. This is the first step in many to turn this country into something our forefathers would roll over in their graves about.

This will take about 2-5 minutes of your time. If you are in favor of gun control and the United States completely controlling your life, ignore this message.

Call your local congressman. Here's a link for you to enter in your address and it'll tell you who you need to call. It's quick, it's easy, it's painless. PLEASE make the call.

Contacting the Congress

Scroll down a little and you'll see where you input your address to lookup your representative. Tell them that you're not in favor of this bill and of the government taking away your right to own a firearm. Let them know that you don't think it's fair for them to tax you out the rear for owning a firearm. Let them know how you feel.

Here's a link to the bill itself as well...

GovTrack: H.R. 45: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House

Read up on it. This bill makes it extremely hard to legally own a weapon, but extremely easy to illegally own one. If you don't register it, you're a criminal. If you don't renew your license for it, you're a criminal. It goes on & on. Please take the 2-5 minutes from your busy schedule to let your representatives know you don't support this bill.

Thanks,

Brian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I don't see that much of a problem with it Brian.
Seems to me that all of these things are a positive..
Particularly where the training is concerned..

I didn't see anything in there that would limit the number of guns you have registered.

Sale or Transfer records - We even do this today when we sell a car. It's required by law.

Background Check - isn't that done today when you purchase a gun?

Reporting of a loss or theft of a gun - how is that bad?

Reporting of a change of address - This is required on a lot of things today. Such as your driver's license. How is this bad in relationship to owning a registered weapon? When you apply for a concealed carry permit - you use your address and as I recall your taxpayer ID number (SSN).

Child access prevention - Makes sense to me - you don't want your 9 year old to play with it.

I don't know.. This has been bashed about on numerous boards as yet another way for the guys in the black helicopters to come after you.

I feel it is no ones business but my own. If I legally own any amount of firearms, I have already gone through a process to purchase them. This would simply be an additional requirement that would serve no purpose but to inform any agancy with access to these records exactly what, where, and how many to come looking for. I have a right to a reasonable amount of privacy, this is very intrusive and serves no purpose.

Brian Hamilton

Ok, here's my take on it.

I am all in favor of background checks for weapons when you buy them from a store. They do that anyway. Now what I'm also for is background checks when you sell them at a fleamarket/gun show or something like that. Makes sense. BUT, what I'm not in favor of is the registration and licensing of each and every firearm and having to keep up a license for them and renew it each year or so. That's just more taxation on a right given to us by the constitution.

Keeping weapons locked up and secured from children, that should be a no brainer. If anyone has any sense of weapon safety, they know how to safely store weapons out of the hands of children. My daughter knows how to handle all of our weapons, even my G3 assault rifle and she respects them. That being said, the only weapon loaded in or around our house is my .40 cal Baby Eagle that rides with me every day in my truck. (Yes, truck. I sell Real Estate and am out on large acreage plots of land. You never know when you'll need or want a weapon to defend yourself against whatever there is out there.)

Another thing about weapons checks, if you want to sell your shotgun to your buddy or your old .30-30 to him, you have to go to a FFL holder and pay them to do the necessary paperwork. That's bullsh*t in my opionion. I know it's really no different than doing it at a fleamarket or gun show, but I just don't like it.

My major MAJOR gripe about the whole thing is this. This bill is making it harder and more expensive and complicated for LAW ABIDING CITIZENS to keep and purchase firearms. Criminals don't care. They do not give one ounce of a sh*t whether or not they have an up to date license on their weapons, or if they passed a background check to purchase a weapon.

Now here again, I know the topic of gun control is a volatile one, so I'll just say that I respect everyone's opinions on this matter. I just posted this information so those who are not in favor of this bill to contact their appropriate government representitives and voice their opinion.

I just don't agree with the way they're going about the futile effort of gun control in America. Seems every time a super liberal gets into power, this stuff happens. It is another invasion of my privacy and another attempt for the powers that be to control YET ANOTHER aspect of our lives.

Anyway, peace,

Brian

Well, the guys who own the black helicopters have just passed a huge porkulus bill that includes "modernizing and computerizing" the medical records of every citizen (I'm going to have to start using that term loosely). The black helicopter guys also want to be able to deny the right of citizens to own arms if they have a history of mental illness. Guess who gets to make that determination? The Attorney General, who gets to write the regulations that would implement this steaming pile of legislation. Guess who will now have access to every medical record of every citizen? That's right, the most anti-gun AG in office in the history of the US. This is the guy who wrote an amicus curiae brief in the Heller case and took the position that the right to keep and bear arms is not an individual right, but a collective one, that only really applies to members of the National Guard. Fortunately, he was on the losing side on that case.

As a practical matter, does anyone really believe that any provision of this legislation would stop criminals from obtaining and using firearms illegally? Once again, the only people who would be affected would be law-abiding gun owners. Clearly, this is yet another attempt by the liberal Chicago political establishment, sanctioned by their messiah, to inflict yet another laceration in their "death-by-1,000 cuts" political agenda to circumvate the second amendment.

Thanks for the heads up and the link. Just wrote my congressman. Like most here, I have no problem with registering a weapon, nor with required background checks etc. This bill, however, contains a lot of crap apparently designed to make things a royal pain in the ass. The re-licensing every few years is more crap, and a way to extract more $$$ from your wallet. They keep trying to 'creep' up on legislating guns out of existence...for the law abiding, that is. It's that irritating political view that says "I believe this is true, no sane person could possibly dis-agree" therefore EVERYBODY should conform to my viewpoint, so lets make it law so EVERYBODY MUST comply. "I" have spoken. That mindset evokes the obvious response "verb' YOU! Even if I happen to agree!!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
BigFoot - sorry, you're part of the problem.

If stating my opinion and asking a question makes me part of the problem - then we're in some pretty deep friggen weeds don't you think?

Last time I checked - I still lived in the United States of America and I'm exercising something protected by the Constitution called "Freedom of Speech".

or are you saying that you only believe in certain parts of the Constitution?

If stating my opinion and asking a question makes me part of the problem - then we're in some pretty deep friggen weeds don't you think?

Last time I checked - I still lived in the United States of America and I'm exercising something protected by the Constitution called "Freedom of Speech".

or are you saying that you only believe in certain parts of the Constitution?

I also stated my opinion, excuse me!

Not sure what are you selling on this board being a gold supporter and all, but with your attitude I'll make sure I won't support it.

To give you a little example, I ESCAPED from a communist country to get away from your kind of mentality. In this great country even you have the freedom for your ill-conceived opinion.

Guess what? I'm a citizen and I pack. I love it.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Not sure what are you selling on this board being a gold supporter and all, but with your attitude I'll make sure I won't support it.

To give you a little example, I ESCAPED from a communist country to get away from your kind of mentality. In this great country even you have the freedom for your ill-conceived opinion.

Interesting attitude.....I guess this thread is why there are a few topics I refuse to talk about in public - religion, politics, abortion.....and guns. We live in a wonderful country where anyone can express an opinion if they choose - even us "gold supporters". petefias you may want to learn what being a gold supporter is before you spout off about it - it means that Randy (Big-Foot) has stepped up to support this forum financially so that we ALL can continue to particpate on it and enjoy it. You may also want to read the forum rules about using your real name - unless it is pete fias?

Joe T - I like your attitude!

Best regards to all -
Dave L

Howard Jones

Supporter
I light of the stimulus bill passed today, I intend to spend my 13 bucks tax reduction per month on ammo. At least until the mid term's. Then I intend to send it to whoever runs against the three rino traitors.

As far as the type of gun you have... I wouldn't be posting your list on the Internet. If you think I'm a "alien's have landed in black helicopters type" then I would remind you all that I never believed it possible for the federal government to increase the annual budget of the United States by 30% and spend 2 trillion dollars in 3 weeks. Believe me they have just gotten started.

By the way the interest on that 2 trillion is about 8 trillion. Give or take 5 or 6 hundred billion or so...................................

This thread could wind up going the same way as the previous one with a heated debate that goes nowhere,BUT - you guys certainly have the right to do that. However,you should first thank guys LIKE RANDY for the opportunity to do so! Many like him have sacrificed so guys like you,Petefias, can have a place to live where you can speak your mind and not wind up in a gulag!(He's not selling anything,btw) Personally,I think we don't need more laws to do the same thing as the laws we ALREADY HAVE on the books, Enforce those FIRST,then come to me if that's not enough.If they're going to tax me for having a gun every year,I wouldn't register it -screw-em. They won't know I have one ( I don't) unless they bust down the door to search the house. The bad things in the bill -1) TAX TAX TAX ,2) section 102,para #6- you're f**ked if somebody steals the gun because it says YOU are responsible,no exception.IF it said you are responsible for "taking REASONABLE care to keep it secure and out of the hands of criminals' it would be much less of a Big Brother document.But the big deal is that we already have laws for this,Then again we have immigration laws too.THEY work well,hunh? This will only hurt the people who obey the law to begin with.I've spent time trying to rehabilitate inner city people involved in the drug culture and believe this- if they use a gun in a crime and ditch it,they'll have another in hours.NOT registered,NOT traceable,NOT a single thought to what the law says.They just don't care.GOT IT? The government needs to stop harassing the law abiding and enact laws that work to limit crime.Like any crime invovling a gun - away you go - bye - parole ?what parole ? Your kid got your gun? same deal,just be glad he didn't use it on you! Well,that is only my opinion.It would seem contrary that I haven't picked up a gun in 40 years, but that's MY choice and I have very good reasons. You're welcome to yours and I'll support your rights,but this is about more than just gun control.If you think not,wait and see. A.J.

Last edited:

Brian Hamilton

Ok,
First off, Al, thanks for the phone call last night. We were on the way to a basketball game that a friend of ours was playing in and we loose signal all over the place in the backwoods area we live.

Second, thanks for the support in this post everyone. Bigfoot, I knew you wouldn't be a big fan of it, but I completely respect where you're coming from. Never had any hard feelings toward you at all. EVERYONE is free to express their opinions on this topic and thanks to people like Randy for supporting this forum so we have a very level headed and adult themed area to discuss things like this.

Now I posted this to bring attention to those who would like to contact their representative in office and express their thoughts and opinions of this bill. For OR against, everyone has a voice. That's what the United States is based upon. Now, whether or not your rep. listens to us or not, that's something completely different. THIS I believe is the largest problem in the United States. The fact that our elected officials lie to our faces in order to maintain or gain political power and then use that power for their own benefit. Be it for something they strongly believe, or something that lines their pockets with some green, either way, it's not for the good of the PEOPLE.

I'm not one of the "BLACK HELICOPTER" people, but I believe truely that our government is corrupt and the old saying that absolute power corupts absolutely is becoming truer and truer with every election. The evidence is there, and it's quite depressing.

As for what they're doing with this bill, they're going to make it more and more expensive to LEGALLY own a gun to the point that you can't financially afford it. They did not outlaw guns, they haven't infringed on your second ammendment rights at all. They just made it monetarily impossible to afford your right. Then, you're a criminal if you don't follow the new regulations and they can legally confiscate now "Illegal Weapons". Again, they're not infringing upon your 2nd ammendment rights, they're just "cleaning up the streets of illegal weapons".

Oops, I think I figured it all out...

Just a note to say I was thanking certain people for more than their contribution to the Forum. I know who some are but will keep that to myself as this is a privacy issue the same as it is in this new bill.Someone mentioned it briefly but look closely at the part that says you must open your medical records to the public.Yeah it doesn't directly say the public, but when they get them,your records become accessible to all under the 'freedom of information' act.I've been through this in another situation and you can't just give them part of the records,they get everything. As for my situation,I told them to F*** OFF. You can submit but be careful,this is forever.
A.J.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Conquest351;252627 Second said:
I respect everyones right to their opinions.. It's one of the things that we fight for when we serve our country..
RE: Support - There are a lot of us supporting the forum and God willing and the creek don't rise, we'll continue..

I'm not one of the "BLACK HELICOPTER" people.....

I probably should not have said anything about Black Helicopters here..
There are people that truly believe in them and carry paranoia to a fault (in my opinion) -- These would be the same people that are still drinking their Y2K water and eating the rations that they stored away in their bunkers... They truly are out there but I rather doubt that any are frequenting GT40s..

, but I believe truely that our government is corrupt....

I don't think they're all corrupt but I'm willing to go along with the notion that there are pockets of corruption that poison our system of government.
I'm not of the opinion that the corruption warrants the creation of private militia. At least not yet. Remember that the men and women that serve our great country are just like you and I. Would they ever take up arms against their own families? Good stuff for a movie but I sincerely doubt it...

As for what they're doing with this bill, they're going to make it more and more expensive to LEGALLY own a gun to the point that you can't financially afford it. They did not outlaw guns, they haven't infringed on your second ammendment rights at all. They just made it monetarily impossible to afford your right. Then, you're a criminal if you don't follow the new regulations and they can legally confiscate now "Illegal Weapons". Again, they're not infringing upon your 2nd ammendment rights, they're just "cleaning up the streets of illegal weapons".

Oops, I think I figured it all out...

I believe you figured out precisely one of the points I was driving at.

One of the things that has always bugged me - particularly with concealed carry laws - is how are those people that we put in charge of protecting the safety of our families (police) to tell the good guys from the bad guys?
Case - If there is no licensing and for some reason you get pulled over for a broken tail light bulb and the officer visits the drivers side of the car.
With your side-arm showing through your shirt - you're going to make a trip to the pokey. Just like a bad guy would. With proper registration, you'd certainly be sent on your way in rather short order..

All that said - I no longer own any guns. Certainly does not mean that I don't know how to handle one to the degree they can ultimately be used.
It's just my current preference to steer clear of them.. That may change.. I hope not.

Thanks for letting me voice my opinion..

Back