Anybody from Perth on the Forum?

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Keith,
there are a few from Jupiter and some from Mars, but don't know anyone from Earth.:laugh:
Just keeping your thread going Keith, what me? It has been said that I must be from another planet, but not sure which one :undecided:

ohhh Perth, sorry.
Dave

Keith

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I was just wondering how our Big Wheel was doing. Is it still in place? Is it doing OK? Have you been up in it?

Cheers,

Keith

Yes. Yes. No.

I assume you mean this big wheel? It seems to be doing a reasonable business. A few people have mentioned to me that they've had the ride.

Regards,

Lance

Attachments

• DSC03878 (Large).jpg
    DSC03878 (Large).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 160

Keith

That will likely be the first time Keiths ever seen the top half, usually lost in the smog or cloud while in the UK.:):)

Oh very droll Jac, but they are big for sure. Thanks for the response Lance...

On the only clear night this Millennium (without fog, driving rain, sleet and industrial fall-out which is quite normal here as Jac has rightly pointed out) I managed to snap this one in Stoke on Trent recently. I think there's are about 12 world wide now and more by the day..... Advice though, don't go in the VIP Pod unless you have exceptionally good sense of balance. It's got a full glass floor and is ,er scary...:shocked:

I think this one is around 200' dia.

TopHalfWheelatNight.jpg

We had one locally at the Six Flags Amusement Park in Agawam Mass. Not quite as large but close.They removed it recently. The odd thing was that the cars dangled from a single,central pivot which did nothing to calm a queasy stomach. Someone must have thought of just that problem (or anything that was dropped) as attached to the center pole from which the car(s) hung was a large metal umbrella that covered the the diameter of the car.

Keith

They're made in Germany and the medium sized ones cost around £5 million each. They take a week to assemble and another week to tear down. The big wheel is driven by four regular looking wide road wheels and tyres (via a Cat driven Gen Set) which grip and drive the large tube. One of the necessary attributes that would-be employees need to operate this wheel is the ability to change a tyre quickly! :laugh:

Back