Toys in the shop

We are privileged to be the keepers, albeit temporarily, of a monster of a car to sit beside the GT40s in the shop. We are asked to pamper a very special Porsche 959 ex factory development car, and to keep it "exercised" on the road, This 600+ hp groupC development engined car is four wheel drive and has so many "gismos" it needs a pilot just to monitor the control panel. Cannot wait to see what it do's round Goodwood. Frank

Attachments

• GT40s pic.jpg
    GT40s pic.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 517
imho the 959 is really one of the best Porsche ever done. (wasnt the last B group?,she should fight the italian last B group, the 288 GTO)...too nice Frank.. ;)

In the tyre shop near mine I saw a red italian 959 and I noted a curious system on tyres.
The guy told me the 959 had a special sensor providing infos about heat and pressure of the wheels directly inside cockpit, as well as the tyres had 2 iternal metal rings providing always the best aderence to asphalt..
True prototype (changing tyres is a mess btw..:D.. and quite expensive, it is a special tyre done ONLY for 959s..if I am not wrong Michelin or Pirelli)

Last edited:
You utter bastard, Frank!! This is the ultimate "road" Porsche. It was all downhill after this. The sophistication makes the concurrent Ferrari's look like billy carts.

think that bridgestone is the newer version of the tyre from the 80s.
This due to the difficult in founding the original first forniture for the car.

:) to delete any doubt... Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank ??...what tyres has the german coffin u have there?:D

Paolo, It has Bridgestones. I got to drive it today, passed the regulation MOT inspections ok and gave it a blast up the local highway - WOW !!

Two years later and I have still got this beast, and having watched a similar car being tested on Top Gear this week I think I will have to dust it off again and go emulate Hamster

Back