a Trillion dollars!

Do you mean an example like:

A trillion dollars stacked one on top of another would reach nearly 68,000 miles into the sky? (about a 1/3 of the way to the moon)
If you spent a million dollars every day since Jesus was born you still would not have spent a trillion dollars.
A trillion seconds is 31,688 years.
or if someone handed you $1 per second it would take over 31,688 years to get to 1 trillion dollars.

Jebus, that's impressive.

Last month when the porkulus bill was being dabated, I listened to an interesting discussion on Keynesian economics on NPR. A very knowledgeable gentleman was on the air and, to put the size of the bill (which was still being draftedat that time), he described a project that could be completed for $700 billion: a complete, mag-lev high speed train system that connects every major urban area in the United States, complete with design, engineering, land acquisition, site work, new stations and platforms, electrical grid infrastructure to support the system, and about 1,400 cars. Of course, the porkulus bill that eventually passed would've still had $140 billion left over for other stuff.

I feel sorry for my children - they are being screwed by our government before they are even old enough to realize it, let alone do anything about it.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I like the guy's idea of showing people what it 'really' looks like, but I think he made a mistake which is why it doesn't look as much as you'd expect. When he goes from $10,000 to $1,000,000 he says that it should be 100 packets of $10,000, but that only looks like 10 packets to me.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Plus the obvious thing that he started with $100 note rather than $1 note, therefore (including the error I noted in my previous post) the whole pile should be 1000 times larger.

Back