When your best isn't good enough.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Sad time for Cheryl and I. Last night our son James (23) committed suicide in his car, up our driveway. He had a history of depression and previous attempts on his life. We tried hard to help him all the time hoping he would come right but now it seems our best wasn't good enough. I've always been a positive person and I really can't understand why so many of our kids are depressed. One thing though, I will go to my grave with the knowledge that we never gave up on him. You must always try for your kids, no matter what they do.

Ross:sad:

Oh Ross, our very heartfelt sympathy. What a tragedy; I'm sure you did your best and more, as any good parent does. Very saddened to hear this. Please tell Cheryl that the GT40 community feels your pain and offers what support we can.

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
You have my sincerest and heartfelt condolences Ross. You are and your family are in my prayers.

Pete

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ross & Cheryl,

Darlene and I are keeping you and your entire family in our prayers... Sometimes our best may not seem like it was good enough.. Only God knows and holds the answer - and your son...

You're in our hearts...

Randy & Darlene Van de Loo

Brian Stewart
Supporter
So sorry to hear this news Ross. Carmen's and my thoughts are with you both at this most terrible time.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Ross,

Sharing in your sorrow and offering deepest sympathy, both Donna and I are with you in our thoughts today.

Tim

Ross, we are terribly saddened by your loss. May God give you and your wife support during this terrible time.

Sincerely
Bill and Diane

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
Ross
Deepest sympathies to you and Cheryl. I think all good parents can feel your pain and frustration right now.
David

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Ross, words can not express my sorrow on reading this thread. You and Cheryl are in my prayers. My sincerest condolences to you, Cheryl and all family members affected.

Keep your chin up and dont try to explain it. There are no explanations.
You loved your children and raised them to the best of your ability.
I cant imagine what you are going through but my condolences go out to you and your family.

Ross & Cheryl,

From Clare and I our deepest sympathies. Please remember we're only just over the other side of the bay, or any time you need us just a phone call away.

Andrew E

Ross and Cheryl,

You have our deepest sympathies during this time.We have some understanding of what you will be going through, hang on to that positive streak buddy. You have our email etc if you need to bend an ear.

Jack & Donna

Ross and Cheryl,

What does one say? Condolences, sympathies... nothing seems enough.

I wonder how much help a group of internet buddies can be at a time like this, but include me in the list of people feeling for you and wishing you the best.

Bugger! :(

Tim.

Back