$288k ???

Keith

I see it failed to meet it's reserve at $288,100 although one went at auction for over $300,000 last year.

Base sticker price for one of the 499 made in 1970 was $4,928....

I am quite surprised that the value of these cars hasnt skyrocketed before this. They are rarer than the hemi cudas and just as impressive in most ways.The prices are going up even as the world is in a bit of a state.

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
Actually the prices are down by quite a bit from a couple of years ago, as are most but not all collector cars.
A notable exception is Ferrari, which have been slowly gaining in value, even in these challenging economic times.
Two years ago Boss 429's were averaging 330K, and there are documented sales as high as 650K, although these were few and far between.
I have an early 69 which I have been restoring over the last two years, about 90% completed, which I would gladly sell for 125K. Missed the boat when they were at all time highs, but hopefully they will get back there again when things pick up.

The car in question is arguably the finest Boss 429 on offer currently, and probably one of the top 5 best ones out there.

Bill Kearley

Supporter
I bought a 1970 Boss 302 in 1973 for $ 3200.00, it had 28000 miles on it. Two weeks later while at work I was called into the showroom to listen to an arguement between a customer trying to trade his mint (under 10000 miles) 1970 Boss 429, he wanted $3000.00, the salesman wouldn't go that high. There I was new at life, trying to figure out how to buy this car, just two weeks after I bought the 302. In Canada, at Musgrove Ford Vancouver we had one 429, it was stickered at $ 5995.00. What an investment that would have been!

Back