Triumph GT6

I owned a 1972 GT6 from 1979 to 1980, but had to sell it due to my wedding.
I've just found it for sale again after 29 years in the middle of Scotland. What are the odds on that!
Simon

I'm sorely tempted, I'd have to sell something first though!
Anybody want to buy anything?:laugh:

poor man's e type?....... yes, and I'm STILL poor!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Simon
I also had one back in the early 1980's

Stage 2 engine mods and it went like hell!
Bust the gearbox and 2nd and 3ed gears came loose on the shaft - expensive repair out in Africa where the spares were made of unobtanium!

Terrible around corners with the swing back axles!

But I managed to get it to 6500 rpm in Overdrive! Somewhere nearing 150mph

And I took the fastest 1/4 mile sprint in it at a local RWYB event - cannot for the life of me remember the time though

I seriously considered one before theDax came along!

My vote would be "go for it" but I know what you mean about space issues!

Ian

You've gotta love the old Triumphs. It's fair to say that I have collected a few!

Here is a special one, 13/60 Estate, 2.5PI motor, converted to EFI (XJ12 Injectors), Motec, Eaton M90 Supercharger, 3.9LSD - Nissan IRS, big brakes, was 300hp and road licenced!

I got a bit bored and pulled the Triumph motor in favour of the RB26 GTR Skyline engine. Ditched the twin turbos and went for the same Supercharger again! 400hp now. Last race meeting she tipped in at 801kgs wet.

I've had several Mk3 Spitfires to, just begging for a 2.5 and 4 speed + OD.

Go get your GT6!

Attachments

• 1360 Estate with Supercharged EFI 2.5 Triumph Engine.jpg
    1360 Estate with Supercharged EFI 2.5 Triumph Engine.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 1360 super charged 2.jpg
    1360 super charged 2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 1360.jpg
    1360.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 260

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Skyline engine, swing axle rear suspension and a cardboard formed thing that covered the gearbox and start of the prop shaft

Now that sounds scary!

BUT FUN!

Ian

No swing springs, yuk! I used to get the inside rear 12" off the ground in autokhanas.

Just cut a K Frame from a saloon / TR6 chassis and weld it in to a herald one. A bit harder for a Spit / GT6, but still very possible. Then mount your coil overs off the shock mount on the trailing arm into the ridge in the floor (for the axels) and you're off.

Change the front brakes to saloon / TR6 as well to match stud patterns and get bigger brakes by default.

Go one step further and drop the triumph diff for a Nissan / Subaru R180 LSD (3.9:1) and with the weight of these cars, get yourself an unbeatable autokhana racer!

Back