It could only happen in London......

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
During yesterdays demonstrations to try and make the Leaders of the G20 (19 actually) listen to the common man, Some of the 'City Boys' working in the Royal Bank of Scotland appeared on a balcony and waved large bank notes
at the demonstraters. I heard that one of them, not corroborated, was lighting some of the notes with his cigarette lighter though I guess they had access to copiers. These are the guys that we, the taxpayers in the UK, have bailed out and ensured they are still in a job when a lot of others trying to get by have lost their jobs. These City Boys were captured on camera but I doubt they will be brought to book. I would throw every charge I could muster at them because the windows on the ground floor at the RBS were promptly smashed in. How about Incitement to Riot as a start because they are as guilty as the less savoury of the
demonstrators who broke the windows. [A conviction for incitement to riot carries a maximum life sentence]
Nobody is listening anyway so it's all a total waste of time and big big money on the security for this nonsense. Haven't they heard of Skype or Net Meeting or similar so they could have done it all at home ?
Apparently the security for this is costing £8bn.

Try emailing the prime minister - Brown had it discontinued, probably because of all the flack he was receiving - probably about his ministers expense claims.
One of them , Jacqui Smith even claimed for a plug for the bath (£0.88p) and two widescreen TV's (£1500) for her small room she rents in her sisters house (another £20,000+). And if you were not made aware of it outside the UK her husband (Who earns another £40k+ - on the taxpayers bill) had been watching blue movies and charging them to the taxpayer. Choice or what.
And ....how long will RBS continue sponsoring F1??
You just could not make any of this up.......

Orwell got it right. Some are more equal than others.

Last edited:

Keith

Still waay too much. "City Boys" are scum anyway - barrow boys with suits. Always have been always will be.

Rutting stoats have more morals...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Only in London, David? How about here in the U.S., where AIG's president hopped a corporate private jet and flew to Washington, D.C. to talk to congress RIGHT AFTER the congressional committee had literally BLASTED the C.E.O.'s of Ford, Chrysler and G.M. for doing exactly that.

At least the C.E.O.'s of the auto industry listened, for the next round of talks with congress they all drove vehicles made by their companies to Washington. AIG, however, doesn't seem to have any problems believing they are above congress's scorn. I mean, after all, AIG manages the juicy "retirement" benefits that congress has voted for themselves, nobody in congress is just about to endanger that by allowing AIG to fail, now, are they?

I agree with Keith, here:

Rutting stoats have more morals...

BTW, one of my favorite books is "Watership Down" and the rabbits there-in frequently warn of "stoats", am I correct in believing that a stoat is a weasel, mink, marmot sort of creature, very cunning and vicious in nature?

Doug

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
BTW, one of my favorite books is "Watership Down" and the rabbits there-in frequently warn of "stoats", am I correct in believing that a stoat is a weasel, mink, marmot sort of creature, very cunning and vicious in nature?

Doug

I was always taught that a "Weasle is easily recognised; and a Stoat is totally different" - Doesn't help me identify which is which though. I believe one has a black tip to its tail, but I can never remember which - just the dumb phrase above. :D

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Courtesy of the Waikato, NZ Government site:

Stoats
Stoats are smaller than ferrets. The males grow up to 30 cm and females up to 25 cm long. Stoats have long, thin bodies with smooth pointed heads, and their ears are short and rounded. Their fur is dark brown with creamy white under-parts. Stoats have relatively long tails with a bushy black tip.

Weasels
Weasels are the smallest and least common mustelid in New Zealand. Males grow up to about 20 cm. Their fur is brown with white under parts, often broken by brown spots. Their tails are short, brown and tapering.

Either of which are more pleasant than the suit-wearing variety...

Attachments

• mustelids1.jpg
    mustelids1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 231

Glenn M

Supporter
I was always taught that a "Weasle is easily recognised; and a Stoat is totally different" :D

I always thought that the phrase was; one is weasily recognisable whilst the other is stoatally different ! It was my sisters only joke!

Glenn

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
well...............
according to the link i posted - it is ............

Q. What's the difference between a stoat and weasel?
A. A Weasel is weasily wecognised and a stoat is stoataly different

Wasn't worth the wait was it!

David,

RBS had a huge promotional tent in Martin Place here in Sydney ( Our slightly smaller version of Wall Street) for the week prior to the Grand Prix. I initially thought it was one of the TV chanels mounting a hoax, but no they were for real ! I guess in Melbourne it would not have been quite so obvious but it struck me that someone was not really getting the message.

Iain

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hey, I learned something today - thanks!

Hey, you know what? So did I.

Here in the great white north we have the same confusion between Weasels and Ermine. Now I just discovered that a Stoat IS an Ermine.

And here, in the winter, they are completely white which makes them impossible to see when they are squashed on the road. I bet they taste the same...

This is such a learned place. I need to hang out here more often!
:book:

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
sorry David
[smile] Thread Hijacked [/smile]

As I understand it - Ermine is the coat of a stoat during the winter when it is white - It has to be white to be called Ermine - maybe in Canada, it is permanently white above the snow line?

Courtesy of the Waikato, NZ Government site:

Stoats
Stoats are smaller than ferrets. The males grow up to 30 cm and females up to 25 cm long. Stoats have long, thin bodies with smooth pointed heads, and their ears are short and rounded. Their fur is dark brown with creamy white under-parts. Stoats have relatively long tails with a bushy black tip.

Weasels
Weasels are the smallest and least common mustelid in New Zealand. Males grow up to about 20 cm. Their fur is brown with white under parts, often broken by brown spots. Their tails are short, brown and tapering.

(((((((((((((((Either of which are more pleasant than the suit-wearing variety...
))))))))))))))))

After seeing them decimate all of our egg producing Hens in short order they have similar attributes to their suit wearing counterparts-------bleed everything good out of you & leave you to die!! Vicious little bastards, try letting one bite you, seem to remember Micheal Parkinson feeling the pain on the telly once.

Back