GT6 dilemma

Thirty years ago, I used to own a 1972 Triumph GT6. A lovely little car that I rebuilt from being a write off. My wife and I used to drive that little car everywhere when we were courting, but sadly had to sell it to pay for our wedding in 1980.
While looking through the pistonheads classifieds the other day I found it for sale all these years later. I'd LOVE to buy it back, but am struggling to come up with the money.
Am I mad, will I be dissapointed or should I try harder to find the money?

Simon

if you don't si, you'll always regret it. better to buy it and if the nostalga isn't there, sell it, than to always wonder "what if"!! go for it

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Simon - I would say to try and bargain with the seller - tell him why and tell him you just don't have the means to get to his price.. You really have to try...

I know the fates of my first two cars... A 51 Ford Club Coupe and a 57 Chevy 210 Bel Air.. Both were turned into Stock cars by owners after me and destroyed.. :( The 57 was in the hands of a "good friend" who was supposed to keep her safe while I was away in the service. He thought I'd never come home so he sold it for beer money... To this day I've never spoken another word to him...

The 51 Ford - it was okay - but all of my buddies cars could blow my doors off in a drag race. The 57 was another story... I literally worshipped that car.. Some people even accused me of having an unnatural relationship with her... Maybe they were right...

If your GT6 meant as much to you as my 57 meant to me - Don't stop - you have to try...

Back