Phoenix area auto attractions

Hi,

I'm heading out this weekend to the see my dad in Phoenix this weekend (Sun City actually) and was wondering if anyone can reccomend any auto / racing attractions in the vicinity that we might check out.

Thanks!

It's likely to be very 'busy' in Phoenix this weekend as the city hosts a major NASCAR race.Races on both Saturday and Sunday.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Eric !!
Go to the dragstrip there. It is outside of town by the cassino. I have went out there a couple of times for the NHRA events held in Feb.. There is also a drag boat course there, and a Bob Bondurant driving school there. It has been a few years since I was there, but we always found something to do.

Regards Brian

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Just moved from there. The track on the east side is Firebird and it's the one with the lake, drag strip and road courses. Bondurant's facility is right next door as well. It's near the jct of I-10 and 202 near Chandler/Tempe.

There aren't museums and such that I know about but on certain Sundays there is cars and coffee where a bunch of cars show up is $cottsdale in a mall parking lot. I went to it once and it was neat enough. I can't remember what the details were and how I found it or even exactly where it was though. Checking on line or calling around to some dealerships might yield something.

If you have time to kill, there is the Scottsdale auto mile. A string of dealerships of all sorts- Ferraris, Maseratis, Lamborghinis etc. West of Scottsdale Rd on McDowell, around 68th or so. Not much more than walking around the cars on the lot but interesting eye candy if you're up for it.

Chris

Brian, Chris,

Thankyou! I'm looking forward to the trip... I'll let everyone know if I find any neat stuff. My dad recently got a Z06 vette, so if all else fails, I'll enjoy that.
Gotta hit the sack soon . Flight leaves from Newark, NJ at 6:40 tommorow morning.

Thanks again...

Back